Soft Batch Christmas M&M Cookies are super soft, perfectly chewy, buttery, and FLUFFY! A secret ingredient gives them this incredible texture. Melt in your mouth!
I LOVE soft chewy homemade cookies. Make them chocolate chip and throw in the promise that they’ll also be fluffy and you bet I’m going to try them. Well, after seeing this recipe for what seems like a million times on Pinterest, I decided it was beyond time to give these cookies a try!
Hhhmmm, how about making these with a holiday twist? Easy Peasy! Let’s turn them into soft, chewy, fluffy M & M cookies. These are SUPER yummy and perfect to make any time of the year.
Soft Batch Christmas M & M Cookies
Soft Batch Christmas M & M Cookies are super soft, perfectly chewy, buttery, and FLUFFY! A secret ingredient gives them this incredible texture. Melt in your mouth!
- 1 Cup M & M's
- 3/4 Cup 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Corn Starch
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Chop 1/2 cup of M & M's coarsely and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using a hand-held electric mixer, cream together butter and both sugars. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- 4. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. Stir in chopped M & M's.
- 5. Use a cookie scoop (1 Tablespoon size ) to form dough into balls and space evenly on a greased or Silpat lined cookie sheet. Press 4-5 M&M's into the face of each dough ball. Bake for 8-10 minutes or just til the edges start to brown.
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.
Recipe Notes For Soft Batch Christmas M & M Cookies :
Cornstarch: Cornstarch is the secret ingredient in these cookies that makes them soft and fluffy. Who knew that good ol’ corn starch could become such a magical little ingredient!
Fresh: Make sure that your baking soda and cornstarch are fresh so the cookies will be soft and fluffy. I live on the coast and find that I need to replace them more often than I did when I lived inland. The added moisture in the air must do something to them.
Brown Sugar: This recipe calls for a greater amount of brown sugar than white sugar. The larger quantity of brown sugar also helps makes the cookies soft and chewy.
Doneness: These cookies will be baked when the center just loses its wet look and the edges begin to brown. Don’t expect them to brown overall like many chocolate chip cookies or they will be overbaked and dry.
Knife Only Please: Chop the M&M’s coarsely with a chefs knife. Don’t chop them in a food processor because the food processor breaks up the candy shell too much and you lose the attractive chunks to mix into the dough.
More Christmas Treats!
- Christmas Tree Brownies
- Christmas Crack
- Italian Christmas Cookies
- Yugoslavian Christmas Cookies
- Rudolph Noses
- White Trash Recipe
- Godiva Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
- Gingerbread Minnie Cookies
- Mickey and Minnie Swirl Cookies
- Reindeer Sugar Cookies
- Pretzel Snowmen
- Butter Pecan Cookies
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Double Chocolate Snowballs