Get ready for cuteness overload — my reindeer noses recipe is here to win your heart! Part cookies, part candies, completely yum, they are beyond easy to make and the perfect Christmas cookies activity to make with kids!
You may have seen other versions of reindeer noses recipes that use Hershey Kisses, but my recipe utilizes an even yummier, caramel-filled candy: Rolo’s! Or you can shake it up with M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces, chocolate chips — that’s another great thing about this chocolate cookies recipe. The possibilities are endless!
Kids and grown-ups alike will love this festive treat! Let’s make these!
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT REINDEER NOSES RECIPE
- Three simple ingredients
- Done in ten minutes!
- Great for kid bakers
- Salty-sweet perfection
Reindeer noses recipes come in many shapes and forms, from their other name of Rudolph noses to featuring a variety of delicious candies. Feel free to get creative with this recipe! That’s part of what makes this such a fun activity to do with kids — there’s no wrong way to make your reindeer nose cookies!
HOW TO STORE AND MAKE AHEAD
- How Long Can You Keep This? Like I said above, this reindeer noses recipe is one of the many great chocolate-covered candies recipes that do really, really well stored at room temperature. Up to a full year!
- Can You Freeze This? You can, but you don’t need to! Chocolate covered candies are notorious for having an excellent shelf life at room temperature. Even if you do freeze them, they’ll actually have the same life as at room temperature: up to a full year!
- Make Ahead Tips: These treats come together in less than ten minutes, which means any make-ahead prep would actually add time to the process! The best tip I can give is to buy that bag of wholly red M&Ms to save you the time of picking through the colors. Though I do love having all the extra green M&Ms lying around to snack on!
- More on Food Safety! Read this article.
But! Be sure to store your candies in an airtight container. Your pretzel components can still get stale if exposed to the air, so protect the crunch as long as you can!
MORE CHRISTMAS CONFECTIONS
- Easy FUDGE! The Best Fudge Ever!!!
- Christmas Crack
- Polar Bear Paws
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Microwave Fudge
- 1 Bag Rolos
- 1 Bag Holiday M&M's
- 1 Bag Pretzels
- Preheating oven to 170 degrees or the lowest setting on your particular oven. (my ovens lowest setting is 225 degrees and my Rolo's were ready at the same time as the original recipe directed.)
- Meanwhile, unwrap Rolos and separate M&Ms.
- Cover a cookie sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper and place pretzels in rows. Top each pretzel with a Rolo and bake for 4 minutes or until the Rolo is soft.
- If you're making these with kids, remove the warm pretzel/Rolos to a room-temperature surface. I made mine on the cookie sheet. Push one red M&M (M side down) into each nose. Let your completed noses sit out until they have hardened.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE