Fudge is a year-round treat in our house and with my microwave fudge recipe, it’s only minutes away! Oh sure, it’s perfect for the holidays, but when a mad chocolate craving hits, let’s face it, nothing satisfies quite like fudge! And since it’s a no-bake treat, it’s perfect for the dog days of summer.
Over the years you can imagine I’ve collected lots of fabulous fudge recipe. My Grandma’s rocky road fudge has been a favorite in the fam since before I was born. In fact, no one calls it rocky road, they simply refer to it as Grandma’s fudge.
Peanut butter fudge is another family favorite when we feel like just a bit of variety. I hope you give it a try when you’re looking for something just a little different.
3 steps + 3 minutes = bold, creamy chocolate fudge! YUM
- So EASY!
- Perfect chocolatey goodness
- Great year round
Chocolate Chips: I use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but feel free to use whatever types of chocolate you love! And wow, are there tons of options — you can have a whole variety fudge spread going on!
Oh, and remember a 12-ounce bag of chocolate chips is only about 2 cups, so you’ll need two bags. I’m sure you have better things to do with your time than going to the grocery store twice for one recipe!
Milk: Sweetened condensed milk is not evaporated milk, so make sure you grab the right one! Sweetened condensed milk is, as its name suggests, much sweeter, and will help your fudge hold its shape.
Nuts: The add-ins are up to you! Nuts are a great, classic option for this microwave fudge recipe, or you don’t have to add anything. Or go for peppermint candies, sprinkles, whatever you want!
Perfect presents – This recipe doubles nicely and can be made in a standard 9 X 13-inch pan which makes it perfect for knocking out some holiday gifts.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Ideally, it’s best to store each piece in wax paper to prevent them from sticking together but I have to confess, I seldom take the time to do that. I just store it in the original prep dish tightly covered with plastic wrap. Fudge should last a few weeks!
Can You Freeze This Microwave Fudge?
Yes! Frozen fudge is a great way to get it to last for months. Store it in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. To thaw, I place it in the fridge overnight.
Make Ahead Tips
This recipe is so easy and so quick that there really isn’t anything you can do to speed up the process even more! It’s got all the make-ahead magic built right in.
Want more easy, delicious holiday candy recipes? Check out these!
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter regular
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nut optional
- Line an 8X8 inch pan with aluminum foil, overlapping the edges of the pan 2 inches. (This will make for easy removal and clean up). Spray nonstick cooking spray on the foil. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk. and butter Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes on 50% power. Stir vigorously. Microwave at additional 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval until morsels are melted.
- Mix in vanilla and nuts (optional). Spread in prepared pan. Refrigerate to set. Cut and serve.