My no-bake million dollar pie recipe is the easiest dessert you’ll ever make!
With a luscious tropical filling and nuts, this is one of my favorite pie recipes — because I can’t resist making it all year long! It’s one of those dessert recipes that cross over with summer beautifully, bringing the freshness of Easter recipes and the tropical twist of summer.
There’s so much to love about a dessert like this — simple, easy to make, and downright TASTY!
- Makes in a snap
- No-bake wonder
- Fruit and nuts GALORE!
- Airy, creamy texture
- Crowd-pleaser guaranteed
How To Make Million Dollar Pie Recipe
Making my million dollar pie recipe is unbelievably easy!
Mix together the filling ingredients, pour them into a prepared crust, and refrigerate until the filling is firm.
Next, top it with a luscious layer of whipped cream, give it a little garnish of nuts and coconut for the “pretty factor,” and then it’s ready to be devoured!
- Topping: Sprinkle your topping pecans and coconut right before serving so they keep their crunch!
- Cream Cheese: Now, for the million-dollar question: does my million dollar pie recipe include cream cheese? No — because the original authentic recipe did not include cream cheese! But if you want to, adding 8 ounces of cream cheese to the filling makes a really rich, yummy variation of this pie.
- Pineapple: Make sure your pineapple is well-drained. When I drain my pineapple, I use a mesh sieve, aka a strainer. I pour my can of pineapple into the strainer, then with a wooden spoon, I press down on the pineapple. This ensures that I’ve removed as much of the juice as possible. If this step isn’t done correctly, you could end up with a very soupy filling!
- Crust: In the spirit of having this pie be one of the easiest recipes you’ve ever made, I suggest using a premade 9-inch Graham Cracker Crust. Listen, homemade is always a more delicious alternative! But oh man, premade makes the preparation a whole lot easier.
- Thaw The Cool Whip: Here’s a reminder to make sure you plan on the thawing time! The Diary Dish says that manufacturers of frozen whipped topping recommend thawing it out in the refrigerator overnight – not on the countertop. This is important because you’ve got both skimmed milk and cream as ingredients, which can spoil quickly if they’re left in temperatures over 40 F.
- Coconut: For the filling, I like to add the coconut untoasted and straight out of the bag. I like the soft and chewy texture it provides the filling. For the topping, however, I like it toasted until just slightly golden. It provides a little crunchy contrast to the creamy texture of the pie and a nice bit of extra color to the topping.
This pie may be perfect for summer, but it LOVES being chilled — so make sure you know that before serving!
Can You Freeze This?
Yes — sort of.
The high dairy content in this pie means it’s at risk to separate in the freezer’s high temps. I, personally, think the risk is well worth it! I love my million dollar pie served frozen. You just need to wait until the pie has thawed enough to allow cutting. I especially like to serve it this way on those blistering hot summer days, when everyone is looking for a cool treat!
Make Ahead Tips
Since this pie needs to sit in the fridge to set, it comes with make-ahead magic built right in! Make it up to six hours ahead of time and pull it out when you’re ready to serve.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
This pie LOVES the fridge! Store it in the fridge for up to four days — longer than that, and the fruit and filling will start to separate, making a truly yucky texture. Don’t risk it! Eat it fast!
Tools to Make
You only need a couple easy to find tools to make this pie recipe:
- Handheld mixer
That’s it! You can swap out a stand mixer for your handheld if that’s easier for you.
The best way to serve this pie? Have a whole million dollar feast night!
Start with million dollar spaghetti, a luscious and cheesy noodle starter that’s sure to please. Follow it up with the main meal of million dollar chicken — your family will beg for more! Then end with this delicious pie, and you’ll have full bellies and happy hearts.
This pie is so easy to make delicious variations! It’s a great cream pie base — just swap the fruit for your favorites and get all kinds of delicious alternatives.
My choice? Banana coconut cream pie! There’s nothing better than banana to add even more smooth, creamy texture to this pie.
Million Dollar Pie
- 1 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple well drained
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits well-drained
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut toasted
- 6-8 maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice, using a hand-held electric mixer, until it's slightly thickened.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple, pineapple tidbits, 3/4 cup pecans and 1 cup coconut until well incorporated.
- Fold in 8 ounces of the thawed whipped topping. Pour into prepared crust and smooth evenly. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, about 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, top with remaining 8 ounces of thawed whipped topping, and garnish with 1/4 cup pecans, 2 Tablespoons toasted coconut and Maraschino cherries and serve.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe
Want even more decadent pies to take you from spring into summer? Here are some must-try!
- Chocolate Cream Pie – Rich cocoa, creamy texture, and oodles of pillowy whipped cream!
- Smores Pie – The summertime favorite is better — and less messy — in this delicious pie version!
- Sugar Cream Pie – A Midwestern staple that brings you a marriage of sugary sweetness and creamy heaven!
- Peaches And Cream Pie – Celebrate one of the summer’s best fruits in style!
- Pineapple Pie – Go full tropical with this hat-tip to a warm-weather favorite!
- Strawberry Pie – It’s loaded with lemon-infused fresh strawberries packed in Jello, all nestled in a flaky crust!
Whether you’re making this dessert in the cooler days of spring or the sweltering days of summer, my million dollar pie recipe is sure to deliver the best sweet treat you’ll have all season!
What did you serve your pie with? Let me know in the comments!