Imagine a place where your pumpkin pie has a rich warm flavor, a velvety creamy consistency, and a gorgeous presentation with no cracks or breaks. Doesn’t it just call to you? Now, think of it being a simple, virtually no-fail recipe with just the right amount of traditional pumpkin pie spice. Mmmmm!
Let’s go all out – Can you see this beautiful gem sitting on your holiday table just waiting for people to dig in? I can. This is one of those nearly perfect pie recipes that has become a personal holiday staple.
There’s always room for Southern pecan pie, sweet soft apple pie, or even a decadent peanut butter pie. But this little jewel can be the centerpiece of your dessert table, paving the way for the rest!
Let’s get started, no time to waste….
This indulgent pumpkin pie recipe is one you’ll want to make almost year-round because it’s just so Ah-ma-zing!
- 15-minute prep
- Lasting indulgence
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Whipping up this creamy dreamy pumpkin pie is easier than you may think. Simply combine the pumpkin custard ingredients, mix thoroughly, and pour it into the pie shell.
Bake according to instructions, chill and serve with a friendly smile.
Baking up a perfect pumpkin pie that doesn’t sink in the middle as it cools requires a simple trick or two.
The main thing is to use a handheld mixer (if you have one) instead of a stand-alone. This helps reduce the amount of air in the custard making it silky smooth. If the pumpkin custard has too much air in it, then it puffs up like a souffle as its baking only to sink as it cools.
Classic Pumpkin Pie Ingredient Notes
The delicious pumpkin pie filling is made with evaporated milk and just the right amount of warm fall seasonings. This differs a little from pumpkin pie with sweetened condensed milk but you’re just gonna’ have to trust me on this one
Looking for more pumpkin pie flavored recipes? Try our pumpkin pie fudge or even pumpkin pie bars to break the barriers of awesome holiday desserts. There’s also pumpkin scones, pumpkin parfait, and plenty of other possibilities!
Tools to Make
This crave-worthy pie is an insanely delicious treat that will call your taste buds and it’s simple as can be. The main thing you really need to pull it off is a deep 9-inch pie pan.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
For best results, let your pie cool completely (not more than 2 hours) before preparing for storage. Just cover with plastic wrap and slide it into the fridge.
Your homemade pie will stay fresh and yummy for up to 3-4 days.
Can You Freeze Them?
Absolutely! I recommend freezing in a disposable aluminum pie pan for a couple of reasons. First, your favorite pie dish won’t be sentenced to the frozen abyss. Second, the disposable ones are thinner so your pie can freeze faster which prevents large ice crystals from forming.
Let your pie cool completely, then wrap in several layers of plastic wrap. It helps to add a layer of aluminum foil before sliding it into the freezer. It’s also important to slow thaw in the fridge overnight before serving. You can freeze this for up to 2 months. Thawing faster or at room temp can cause weeping and make the crust soggy.
Sweet Pumpkin Pie Make Ahead Tips
This sweet pumpkin pie only takes about 15 minutes to put together since you only have to blend the custard ingredients and pour them into the shell. So, there isn’t much to do ahead other than maybe pre-measured ingredients. Of course, you can also go the freezer route.
More Pies to Try
- Decadently delicious rum pie is always on my holiday table!
- Something more fruity? Try our easy blackberry pie recipe with a pretty lattice crust topping. Great to serve all year long.
- Old fashioned chocolate cream pie that’ll leave them begging for more!
- Bring your freshest flavor fantasies to life with this amazing Atlantic beach pie at the intersection of contrasting tastes and textures.
- Make a mouth happy dessert everyone loves with mini apple pies that come together fast.
- My family’s all time favorite Sour Cream Apple Pie
- Have you tried our Million Dollar Pie? It’s the easiest pie in the world to make and honestly, you won’t believe how delicious it is!
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 (16-ounce) canned solid packed pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) canned evaporated milk
- 1 (9-inch) deep dish pie crust unbaked
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all filling ingredients until well combined. Pour filling into unbaked crust.
- Bake in a 425°F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and filling is set. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE