Scott’s Old Fashioned Apple Pie is the perfect Apple Pie. Love those gently spiced thinly sliced apples and topped with that wonderful crumb topping. YUM!
How was everyone’s Thanksgiving? Ours was really wonderful. The house was filled with family, friends and, of course, food. Both my kids were home and our friends from Northern California came down. We all laughed, visited, relaxed and ate ourselves silly. Scott, who is famous for his fabulous homemade pies, was of course in charge of dessert. He made apple, pecan and coconut cream. They were all delicious! My favorite was the apple pie. It is the perfect Old Fashion Apple Pie! It’s filled with thinly sliced apples which were gently spiced and topped with a wonderful crumb topping. It’s the perfect pie when you’re craving an old fashion taste of home comfort!!! This is my new go-to recipe for apple pie. YUM!!!
Scott's Old Fashioned Apple Pie
- 8 Medium Granny Smith Apples Peeled, Cored and Thinly Sliced
- 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice Optional
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Firm
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all filling ingredients ans set aside.
- In a 9-inch regular pie pan fit crust. Crimp edges decoratively. Add filling.
- Combine topping ingredients with a pastry blender until mixture resembles crumby pebbles. Sprinkle over top of the pie.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 35 minutes or until apple mixture is bubbly and topping is nicely golden brown.
- Source: Scott's Mama