Pie recipes can incite anxiety in some, but these little mini apple pies will change all that! They are cute as a button, super simple, and totally scrumptious all at the same time. You get all the yummy flavor of good old-fashioned apple pie buttoned up into these cute little bite-sized treats!
The best part is that you can use virtually the same recipe to conjure up little pumpkin pie or pecan pie goodies and apple bread too! These little miniature gems are perfect for getting the kiddos involved, serving at sleepovers, family time, and Sunday mornings. I can’t wait for you to try them!
What I Love About This Recipe
- Super quick and easy to make, effortless prep!
- Made with only 2 ingredients!!
- Rich, buttery cake covered with a yummy crumb topping
How to Make Mini Apple Pies
Serving up these mini apple pies doesn’t require a ton of extensive bakery know-how but it doesn’t show one bit.
All you have to do is flatten out individual cinnamon rolls to line a muffin pan and then spoon in the apple pie filling.
Bake them up in a preheated oven and then drizzle that yummy icing over each one before serving. These are sooo good!
Best Ingredients To Use & Why
Whipping up these mini apple pies recipe is a simple way to put a smile on everyone’s face without spending the day in the kitchen.
I find it best to use your favorite brand of refrigerated cinnamon rolls, but any will work. This recipe is based on a standard-sized muffin pan but can be adapted for those larger ones too.
Canned apple pie filling adds an air of convenience to these little miniature treats. Again, grab your favorite brand.
Usually, store-bought pie crust is the go-to crust in making easy-to-make mini apple tarts and hand held apple pies, but I use cinnamon rolls like how Pillsbury mini apple pies are made.
As far as the cinnamon rolls are concerned, the ones with buttercream frosting are fantastic for this recipe but cream cheese frosting is yummy too.
Making mini apple pies with puff pastry might sound intimidating, but it’s actually easy to do, thanks to the modern luxury of pre-made frozen puff pastry.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
These mini apple pies recipe will stay fresh and yummy in the fridge for up to 4 days when stored properly. You’ll want to put them in an airtight container, and they’ll need to stay in the fridge. I typically try not to stack them if they’ve already been iced.
Can You Freeze This?
Yes! These tasty mini apple pies recipes freeze well for up to 3 months. You can freeze them with or without the icing. Just let them cool and take them out of the muffin pan before preparing them for the frozen abyss.
To serve, you can pop them in the microwave or a warm oven briefly.
Make Ahead Tips
If I know I’m gonna’ be storing these mini apple pies until a later date, I’ll often wait to ice them at serving time. It helps with the yummy fresh factor.
The icing will keep in the fridge or the freezer until you’re ready for it. I typically heat it just enough to allow a steady drizzle (8-10 seconds in the microwave).
These mini apple pies recipe are fantastic for holidays, kids’ sleepovers, and get-togethers. I love treating the fam and taking these to potluck suppers.
These little pies are great with your favorite hot beverage, ice-cold glass of milk, or even a few sips of apple pie moonshine or peach moonshine. It really highlights the sweet cinnamon and icing combination.
These little mini apple pies open a door to the world of yummy. They’re so incredibly versatile that there’s no end to the possibilities. Here are a few tasty suggestions.
- Use homemade pie crust. You can make this with your own trusted homemade pie crust!
- Switch the filling. If you have a jar of homemade pie fillings in your pantry, go ahead and use them! You can switch it with different canned pie filling flavors too!
More Pie Recipes
Mini Apple Pies
- 1 can refrigerated cinnamon rolls with buttercream icing
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- Spray a standard size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Open cinnamon roll container. Set aside icing. Separate dough into individual rolls and flatten out into disks. Press into the bottom and up the sides of muffin cups in prepared pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of filling into each cup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Set muffin tin on baking rack and cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to serving plate.
- Microwave icing in a safe bowl, uncovered, just until heated enough to pour in a thin stream, about 8-10 seconds. Use a spoon and drizzle over each apple pie cup.
Fans Also Made:
Originally Published on CentlessDeals
janet poole says
I made these, but there was to much dough,next time I will use a half of a cinnamon roll
Perfect for busy moms!
Enjoy, Demi! 😀
I made these for Christmas along with a cookie tray and they were a huge hit. My 4 year old loved having her own ‘baby apple pie’ . These were super easy to make, and I used two batches of cinnamon rolls with a 21 oz. can of apple pie mix, and it was the perfect amount.
Kathleen Smith says
Hi Sunnie. So glad you and your daughter enjoyed the lil apple pies