This Hershey pie is a no-bake, super creamy, decadent dessert you’re going to fall in love with. It’s perfect to make when the weather is too hot to turn on your oven.
If chocolate pie is your thing, I have a few more I know you’re going to love! My possum pie will knock your socks off, and no there’s no possum in it! My chocolate cream pie is a diner classic that is rich and decadent.
Hershey Pie Ingredients
- Chocolate Pie Crust: I use the Oreo ready-to-use pie crust. No endorsement! Just what I use.
Cream Cheese Layer
- Cream Cheese: Use regular, full-fat cream cheese. It needs to be softened before you begin the recipe.
- Confectioners Sugar: A.K.A. good ol’ powder. It’s best to sift it before starting.
- Vanilla Extract: Use real vanilla extract, not imitation vanilla extract.
- Frozen Whipped Topping: Most important thing is to thaw it overnight in the fridge.
- Hershey’s Chocolate Bars: Use the standard 1.55-ounce bars!
- Frozen Whipped Topping: Thawed!
- Frozen Whipped Topping: I use either Cool Whip or Kroger whipped topping (btw…no paid endorsement….just found it works and it’s a lot cheaper!)
Storing + Freezing
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? This pie will hold for 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Can You Freeze This? This pie does not freeze well due to the high dairy content.
- Food Safety: If you’d like more info on food safety check out this link.
How to Make Hershey Pie
- Make the Cream Cheese Layer. Beat cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Fold in the Cool Whip. Pour the cream cheese layer over the chocolate crust. Refrigerate.
- Make the Chocolate Layer. Heat the Hershey’s bar in the microwave. Stir.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate.
More No-Bake Dessert Recipes
- Oreo Delight
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Eclair Cake
- Pumpkin Parfait
- Heaven On Earth Cake
- Strawberry Heaven On Earth Cake
- Oreo Fluff
- Pistachio Pie
- 1 (9-inch) chocolate pie crust
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) tub cool whip, thawed
- 6 (1.55-ounce) bars Hershey’s chocolate bars, chopped into small uniform pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) tub cool whip
- cool whip or Reddi-wip
- Hershey’s chocolate bars,
Make Cream Cheese Layer:
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese (8 ounces) and confectioners sugar (1 cup). Mix in vanilla extract (1 teaspoon). Fold in cool whip (1 tub).
- Pour cream cheese into chocolate crust and use an offset spatula to smooth. Place in the refrigerator while you make the chocolate layer.
Make Chocolate Layer:
- Place the uniform pieces of Hershey's bar (6 bars) in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave, for 30-second increments, stirring briskly between intervals until melted.
- Gently fold 8 ounces of the Cool Whip into chocolate. and spread the mixture over the cream cheese layer in the pie crust.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the cream cheese layer, using an off set spatula to smooth.
- Refrigerate pie for 4-6 hours to firm up.
- Decorate pie with dollops of cool whip and Hershey bars.
Fans Also Made:
On your phone? Check the web story here.