This delicious strawberry heaven on earth cake started with the original heaven on earth cake, a cherry version! It was so popular on the site and you all loved it so much that I had to see how other flavors would taste!
Well let me tell you, the strawberry version did not disappoint! It’s every bit as wonderful as its cherry cousin. It’s great to have 2 flavors in the family for variety and I’m already planning on more so stay tuned!
Looking for more wonderful strawberry treats. You know I love them so I won’t let you down. Try my delicious, classic strawberry pound cake, and my strawberry scones that would do my English grandfather and Scottish great-grandmother proud!
Strawberry Heaven On Earth Cake Ingredients
- Angel Food Cake: This is a prepared angel food cake you buy prepared and baked from the supermarket bakery.
- Vanilla Pudding: Make sure you use the instant pudding mix. You will be mixing it with the milk and sour cream to make a rich and creamy filling.
- Milk: I like to use whole milk to create a rich filling.
- Sour Cream: Again I use the full-fat version of sour cream to keep the filling nice and rich!
- Strawberry Pie Filling: Using the canned strawberry filling makes this recipe so very delicious and easy!
- Whipped Topping: Make sure you thaw this overnight in the fridge so this thaws properly and doesn’t separate. I use either Cool Whip or Kroger whipped topping (btw…no paid endorsement….just found it works and it’s a lot cheaper!)
Storing + Freezing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? This can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Can You Freeze This? No. Since this cake has sour cream, it is not recommended to freeze it. The texture might differ once thawed.
- Make-Ahead Tips: Assemble a day ahead or a few hours ahead, and refrigerate.
How To Make Heaven On Earth Strawberry Cake
- Layer cake pieces. Place half of the cake pieces on the bottom of the baking dish. Layer evenly.
- Pour strawberry pie filling. Pour two-thirds of the cherry pie filling over the cake.
- Layer cake again. Layer the remaining cake pieces over the cherry filling.
- Mix and spread. Combine the pudding mix mixture and spread evenly over the cake.
- Cool whip. Spread Cool whip evenly over the pudding.
- Garnish and chill.
***See the full instructions below.
More Strawberry Deliciousness!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Strawberry Jello Cake
- Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Strawberry Sheet Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Cake
- Strawberry Frose
- Berry Chantilly Cake
- Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Cookies
- Strawberry Dump Cake
Strawberry Heaven On Earth Cake
- 1 (14-ounce) prepared Angel food cake cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (3.5-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (21-ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 1 (8-ounce) tub cool whip, thawed
- Layer half of the cake pieces evenly on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour 2/3 of the strawberry pie filling evenly over the cake.
- Layer the remaining cake pieces over the strawberry filling.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together pudding mix (1 box), milk (1 1/2 cups), and sour cream (1 cup), then smooth. Spoon an even layer over the cake.
- Spread cool whip (1 tub) evenly over pudding.
- Garnish the top with the remaining pie filling and almonds.
- Chill for about 4 to 5 hours. Cut into servings.
Fans Also Made:
On your phone? Check the web story here.