If summer had a flavor it would be this refreshing summer berry icebox cake. Icebox cake makes one of the lightest, creamiest most decadent fruit cake recipes and it’ll change everything you thought you knew about fruit cake! File this with your cake recipes because it’s gonna’ be one of the FAVS.
Triple berry icebox cake is a tasty variation you may have tried. The recipe is similar, but it’s made with lemon cookies instead of graham crackers. Just like a rich chocolate-y eclair cake, there’s no baking involved. When you’ve got a little more time and you’re aiming to impress, craft a berry Chantilly cake instead.
But for a quick throw together summer treat – you’re gonna’ love this!
What I Love About This Recipe
- Cold and creamy which is perfect for summer!
- No-bake recipe and so easy to make!
- Full of berries!
Summer Berry Icebox Cake Video Tutorial
On your phone? Check out my web story here.
How To Make Summer Berry Icebox Cake Recipe
This icebox cake is a great recipe to get the kiddos involved. The finished product is beautifully delicious, but it isn’t complicated to whip up. Simply mix up your filling and fold in your Cool Whip. Then alternate layers of filling fruit and graham crackers in a casserole dish and slide this baby into the fridge.
The recipe for this gorgeous icebox cake calls for 4 hours of fridge time but it’s so much better if it can sit overnight. You want to give the graham crackers time to soften and really soak up the flavors. It makes a huge difference.
Also, I like to wait and place the top layer of berries on at serving time to keep it pretty. That way they don’t have time to bleed.
When its time to mix up this sweet-n-creamy summer dessert, you’ll want your cream cheese softened and your Cool Whip thawed out completely. It helps ensure everything blends up well and comes together perfectly. Besides, it’ll have plenty of chill time in the fridge before serving.
Tools to Make
Summer berry icebox cake is one of those no bake summer desserts that comes together quickly and doesn’t take a ton of crazy kitchen equipment. I do like to use an electric mixer for this recipe. It’s worth it to produce an extra light and creamy summer dessert.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Your enchanting berry icebox cake will stay fresh and yummy in the fridge for 3-4 days when stored properly. This cold and creamy dessert goes down smooth and tastes divine, so don’t expect it to last that long. Every time I make one it’s gone the following day!
Can You Freeze This?
Technically, you probably can freeze this summer icebox cake, but I don’t recommend it at all. The fruit gets soggy and ruins the whole thing when it thaws. This is really just a throw together with little gem that sits in the fridge overnight and gets gobbled up in a day or two and it is well worth the wait.
Make Ahead Tips
This is one of those desserts that you really want to put together a day or so ahead of time if at all possible. You can get away with just 4-6 hours of chill time but it’s so much better if you wait overnight. Sometimes I’ll clean all my fruit and get it ready ahead of time to cut down on prep work.
This totally luscious berry icebox cake makes a sweet simple afternoon snack on a hot summer day or the perfect delectable after supper dessert. It’s potluck ready and worthy of the company for sure! I like to garnish with a few sprigs of fresh mint. I love to it this after serving tuna pasta salad, Mediterranean pasta salad, or any pasta salad!
Summer Berry Icebox Cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3.4-ounces) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (14-ounce) box graham crackers
- 2-3 cups sliced strawberries,
- 1-2 (10-ounce) container raspberries, cut in half
- 2-3 cups blueberries
- fresh mint
- In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and instant pudding until combined. Slowly mix in the milk. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in the Cool Whip. Spread a spoonful of pudding mixture on the bottom of a 9 X 13-inch dish in a thin layer.
- Over the thin layer of pudding mix, line the pan with a single layer of graham crackers, cutting or breaking them as need be, to cover completely. Spread 1/3 the pudding mixture over the layer of graham crackers, then add 1/3 strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- Place another layer of graham crackers, cutting them to fit. Spread 1/3 pudding mixture over top and add another 1/3 of the berries in a layer.
- Top with the final layer of graham crackers. Spread the reserved pudding mixture over top and even out.
- Cover and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours to (better) overnight, or until the graham crackers have completely softened.
- Before serving, top decoratively with the remaining 1/3 of the berries. Cut into pieces and serve with a small sprig of mint.
Fans Also Made:
This icebox cake tastes as delicious as it sounds and looks even better. If it inspires you to try even more summer cake recipes, here are a few you may enjoy!
- Raspberry Cheesecake – Sweet creamy cheesecake sprinkled ripe luscious summer berries.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake – What she said with the added decadence of white chocolate.
- Strawberry Cheesecake – The sweet surrender of a summertime classic.
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake – Two of America’s favorite desserts married to create an awesome warm-weather treat.
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake – Sweet, savory, cool, and creamy bliss.
This summer berry icebox cake is one of my all-time favorite summer desserts. It’s super easy to throw together and you don’t have to heat up the entire house with a hot oven.
This little gem is a welcome summertime treat with a cold creamy consistency and plenty of sweet ripe berries. I can’t wait for you to try this and I’m sure they’re gonna’ want seconds!