This cherry delight recipe is loaded with lots of layers of flavor! It has a crunchy graham cracker crust, and a rich, creamy cheesecake layer, and is topped with sweet-tart cherry pie filling! It hits all the flavor profiles required for a fabulous dessert! Creamy and crunchy, and also, sweet and tart!
This is my go-to dessert when I’m short on time, but need a delish, crowd-pleasing treat ASAP! Cherry delight is wonderful for summer no-bake dessert, and great for Valentine’s day and Christmas with its vibrant colors, at potlucks, it’s the star of the buffet line, and it’s always devoured at Sunday suppers with all the family! Can you say rich and decadent taste with minimal effort that steals the show?
If you love creamy, luscious, delights, I hope you’ll try my pineapple delight, butterscotch delight, and chocolate delight next!! I promise you’ll love each one! My eclair cake is another layered dessert that your family will ask for again and again!
Let’s make this!!
What I Love About This Cherry Delight Recipe
The thing I am most crazy about with this recipe is the combination of rich cheesecake that’s topped with cherry pie filling. In my humble opinion, this classic combination is a match made in heaven! The sugary cookie crust it’s nestled in is an added buttery bonus.
I really like that this recipe uses a combination of convenient store-bought ingredients and easy homemade elements. It makes it easy to create a great recipe that everyone really loves.
I love that it’s no-bake, make ahead, easy to transport, and it feeds a crowd! It’s great for when it’s your turn to bring a dessert to a potluck or barbeque during the hot summer months. With this recipe, there’s no need to turn on your oven and heat the house! And you can whip it up the night before and let it set until it’s gone time!
It generously feeds a crowd because it’s made in a 9X13-inch dish. It’s a potluck, party, family dinner, and even holiday perfect! This often makes an appearance on my Christmas dessert buffet. It’s also great for Valentine’s Day.
What Is Cherry Delight?
Cherry Delight is a delicious and rich graham cracker crust bake, perfect cheesecake layer, topped with cherry pie filling. It only needs a quick bit in the oven to complete the crust so it’s virtually no bake.
It’s super easy to put together and is always devoured when it’s served. If you haven’t tried it yet, you are doing yourself a disservice. The 9X13 inch dessert is totally bomb diggity delish!
Cherry Delight Ingredient + Recipe Notes
- Cool Whip: The cheesecake layer calls for Cool Whip. Remember to pop it in the fridge to thaw the night before you put this together.
- If you want to make a homemade version, you can replace the Cool Whip with homemade whipped cream. Remember that it will not be as stable as the original. I’d use 1-1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to taste.
- Cherries: Obviously, this dish’s namesake fruit is the best to use, but don’t feel strapped in if you can’t find cherries! There are so many delicious pie fillings you can use. Try it with apple or blueberry!
- Cream Cheese: Soften your cream cheese easily by microwaving it in 10-second intervals until it feels softened.
- Crust: It’s easy to change the crust up. I’ve also made this crust, at different times, with either Oreos, Pepperidge Farm Dublin Cookies, or Nilla Wafers. I think the next time I make this I’m going to try it with a pretzel crust just like in my strawberry pretzel salad recipe.
Add white chocolate. Make it extra fancy with white chocolate in the filling like in my strawberry tart.
How To Make Cherry Delight Recipe
- Mix the crust ingredients
- Press the crust in the baking dish. Bake.
- Mix cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add the confectioners sugar and vanilla. Mix.
- Gently fold in the Cool whip until well combined.
- Put the cheesecake layer on top of the crust.
- Spread. Refrigerate.
- Top with cherry pie filling.
***See the full instructions below.
Storing + Freezing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? Treat this cherry delight recipe as you would a cheesecake — which means chill it whenever you have a chance! Don’t let it sit out too long. You can store any leftovers for up to a week.
- Can You Freeze This Cherry Delight Recipe? Yes! Freezing your cherry delight recipe is a great way to get a chilly summer treat. Slice your desserts, store them individually, and freeze them for up to three months. Then just grab one out of the freezer and eat, no thawing needed!
- Make-Ahead Tips: Since this recipe needs to be set, it comes with make-ahead time built in. Letting it set for at least four hours is best; even better overnight!
More Delicious Layered Desserts
- Blueberry Yum Yum
- Chocolate Lasagna
- Pumpkin Lasagna
- Strawberry Tiramisu
- Oreo Delight
- Lemon Lush
- Peanut Butter Lasagna
Tried This Recipe?
Leave a review, I love hearing your feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Cherry Delight Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed overnight in the fridge
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177ºC). Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs (2 1/2 cups), melted butter (3/4 cup), and granulated sugar (1/4 cup). Press into the prepared baking dish. Bake in preheated oven until crust edges are golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool completely, on a wire rack, about about 45 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese (2 blocks), and sour cream (1/4 cup) with an electric mixer until evenly combined.
- Add the confectioner's sugar (1 cup) and vanilla (2 teaspoons) and beat for 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in the Cool whip (1 tub) until well combined. Do not overmix!
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the completely cooled crust. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours, or better, overnight.
- Spread cherry pie (1 can) filling over top of cream cheese layer just before serving. Cut into squares and serve!
Fans Also Made:
On your phone? Check the web story here.