I’ve been making this wonderful Strawberry Tiramisu for years. It’s a delicious dessert, perfectly suited for Spring and Summer.
This Strawberry Tiramisu is a recipe from Giada De Laurentiis and it is found on Epicurious. I lost my old copy and went back to Epicurious to print out another one. I was extremely surprised to see that there were some bad reviews on it. I guess, since it’s not really a traditional tiramisu, I can understand how some people might miss the “pick me up” from the coffee not found in this recipe. Let me tell you though, Strawberry Tiramisu is an absolutely delicious interpretation of the famous dessert! I love traditional tiramisu.
If your looking for that, here is a wonderful version I made a few months ago. But this Strawberry Tiramisu dessert is not one that you should wait too long to try. Seriously! Its mascarpone layer is sweetened, flavored with Cointreau, and lightened up with delicious whipped cream. Instead of dipping the ladyfingers in espresso, you cover them in a layer with a mixture of strawberry preserves, orange juice and a healthy splash of Cointreau. I mean COME ON! What’s not to absolutely love and start doing backflips over? The only reason I even bothered to mention the few bad reviews, was because, if you happened to see them in the past and were deterred by them, I want to tell you that I think they came from people who had very strict expectations of what this dessert should be. Give it a try. It’s fairly quick to put together and I’ve only had 100% RAVE reviews whenever I’ve made this. Enjoy.
Oh, one important note- use the crisp ladyfingers. Not the delicate thin ones generally from the bakery.
- 1 1/4 Cup Jarred Strawberry Preserves
- 1/3 Cup Plus 4 Tablespoons Cointreau or Other Orange Liqueur
- 1/3 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Pound Mascarpone Cheese at Room Temperature
- 1 1/3 Cups Chilled Whipping Cream
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- About 52 Crisp Ladyfingers
- 1 1/2 Pound Fresh Strawberries Divided
- Whisk preserves, 1/3 cup Cointreau, and orange juice in 2-cup measuring cup.
- Place mascarpone cheese and 2 tablespoons Cointreau in a large bowl; fold just to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream, sugar, vanilla, and remaining 2 tablespoons Cointreau in another large bowl to soft peaks. Stir 1/4 of the whipped cream mixture into mascarpone mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Hull and slice half of strawberries.
- Spread 1/2 cup preserve mixture over bottom of a 3-quart oblong serving dish or a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Arrange enough ladyfingers over strawberry mixture to cover the bottom of the dish. Spoon 3/4 cup preserve mixture over ladyfingers, then spread 2 1/2 cups mascarpone mixture over. Arrange 2 cups sliced strawberries over mascarpone mixture. Repeat layering with remaining ladyfingers, preserve mixture, and mascarpone mixture. Cover with plastic and chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Slice remaining strawberries. Arrange over tiramasù and serve.
- Source: Giada De Laurentiis
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe