No doubt there are a lot of fruit salad recipes out there but none as creamy dreamy delicious as this strawberry cheesecake salad. Being a colorful refreshing spring mix makes this an easy contender for your Easter side dishes too. I know, I know – most salad recipes are green, but Easter recipes should be decadent and dreamy.
This luscious strawberry pretzel salad meets those requirements and frog eye salad qualifies too. You can also set your sights on a nostalgic Watergate salad that may stir up some childhood memories. Today we’re going to use some sweet strawberries to stir up some awesome flavor.
Let’s get started!
Take our strawberry cheesecake salad with a graham cracker crust on top to your next potluck! This cool and luscious salad is so quick and easy to make, it should be called lazy cheesecake salad!
- Sweet and simple
- Salad or dessert
- Creamy-dreamy, buttery-crumbly heaven
How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake Salad Recipe
Throwing together this salad is as simple as – well – pie! All you have to do is bake the crust, mix the ‘cheesecake’ ingredients, cut the fruit and blend it all together. It’s so easy you can whip it up while you’re doing other stuff in the kitchen.
This strawberry banana cheesecake salad is just the recipe for Easter or your next warm-weather potluck. Just don’t forget to dock the crust before it goes into the oven. It helps ensure even cooking. For ultimate results, let your crust sit in the fridge overnight before the serving day.
It doesn’t take any wacky ingredients to make this awesome cheesecake salad. I like to add miniature marshmallows but those are optional. Also, you can serve the leftover crust crumble on the side for those who like extra.
Get a Little Nutty: If you want to add a little crunch to Strawberry Cheesecake Salad, you can add any nut you choose. Pecans, walnuts, peanuts, or mmmm…… pistachios!
Get Even More Fruity: The same goes for adding any kind of other fruit. Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, or mmmm……kiwi!
Whipped Cream Instead of Cool Whip: I love Cool Whip, don’t get me wrong, but the old-fashioned flavor of real whipped cream can take this already tremendous recipe to a whole new level.
Cream Cheese Variation: There’s absolutely no reason you can’t make a cream cheese filling for this salad like the strawberry cheesecake salad delish puts out. They also shake things up by adding raspberries…. WHAT!
Store this salad in a glass bowl covered tightly with cling wrap if you plan on serving again. Its best to store the crust crumbles separately. If you’re not doing anything fancy, then a Tupperware container works just fine too.
Can You Freeze This?
Unfortunately, this isn’t freezer friendly but its so easy to whip up, why would you want to freeze it?
Make Ahead Tips
This will be at its best if you make it a little ahead. It gives all the ingredients time to mingle and get acquainted.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Your salad will stay fresh and yummy for 3-4 days in the fridge if you keep it protected from air and roaming eyes. Don’t expect this little bowl of heaven to last that long, though. It tends to disappear.
Tools to Make
Crafting this incredible salad doesn’t take any special tools. You may want to bake up your crust crumble in a pie plate, but you should have everything you need at your fingertips. This one comes with a Big Red easy button!
This salad is not the same old Strawberry Salad recipe you see pop up this time of year. However, there are lots of easy and delicious variations. Check ‘em out!
Can I Add Avocados?
This salad is creamy enough without avocados but if sweet isn’t your surrender you can go with a shrimp avocado salad instead. Actually, cucumber avocado salad is a nice introduction to any meal and avocado chicken salad makes the best lunches of all time. It really is a tough choice!
Can I Partner This Salad With A Casserole?
Absolutely!! You can partner this with almost anything at all. Put it next to some greens with green bean casserole or Brussel sprout casserole for a completely nutritious meal. Or send your taste buds into overdrive with a delectable pineapple casserole.
Can I Add Gelatin To This Recipe?
Of course! A few simple swaps can turn this rich salad into a sweet strawberry Jello salad. You can also use different fruit to turn out some Cranberry Jello Salad, lime Jello salad or even orange Jello salad. Just use what you have on hand!
Can I Add Cranberries?
Cranberry salad is a longstanding favorite among holiday fruit salads, but it isn’t as sweet as this salad. While it’s every bit as tasty, it couldn’t sub for dessert, either. Broccoli cranberry salad is fantastic for backyard barbecues and friendly potluck lunches.
Can I Add Watermelon?
I absolutely looove a cool refreshing watermelon salad. I mean, who doesn’t? Just like this decadent salad, it can be a sweet and healthy dessert. If you want more salad in it, a few simple swaps can turn it into an awesome watermelon cucumber salad that can stand firmly on its own.
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad
Graham Cracker Crust Crumble:
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely crushed graham crackers
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 ounces cool whip thawed
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 3 (6 ounce-containers ) Strawberry Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Fruit and Marshmallows:
- 8 cups about 4 pounds sliced strawberries
- 3 bananas sliced
- 2 cups miniature marshmallow optional
Make the Graham Cracker Crust Crumble:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar and mix until combined. Press crumb mixture firmly into prepared baking dish. Using a long knife, score the crumb mixture into a 1-inch grid pattern, pressing the knife almost to the bottom of the crumbs to the pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely. Refrigerate until chilled completely and the mixture is firm, preferably overnight.
Make the Cheesecake mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, add cool whip, pudding mix, yogurts and vanilla and mix until evenly combined. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, slice strawberries and bananas. Add the fruit and marshmallows to cheesecake mixture and gently fold the ingredients until combined.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crust crumble and serve immediately. If there's any extra crumble pass it in a separate bowl and let everyone add extra as desired.
Fans Also Made:
Here’s some other yummy side dishes to make your holiday special!
- Corn Pudding – A rich and creamy recipe of sweet delight.
- Roasted Asparagus – All that flavor and nutrition too!
This strawberry cheesecake salad is a must-have menu item for your Easter celebration and beyond. Its rich indulgent character makes it an easy dessert stand-in and a crowd-pleasing favorite for warm-weather potlucks. Plus, the sweet creamy cheesecake flavor is just out of this world – you’ve gotta’ try it!