The BEST Strawberry Sheet Cake Ever. Tender, moist cake loaded with fresh strawberries then topped with a to-die-for Lemon Cream Cheese frosting! Bring this cake to the next potluck and you’ll be the Belle of Baked Goods!
Is there anything more delightful than a strawberry sheet cake when the weather begins to warm up a little bit?
I’m so, so, so excited to tell you about this recipe! I’ve been totally craving strawberry cake for about a month now. I was planning on making my favorite, Go To, Amazing Strawberry Layer Cake recipe when I saw this Strawberry Sheet Cake recipe in the Southern Living magazine.
Now, when I have a favorite recipe, it’s really, really hard to get me to even consider trying a new one for a similar thing. I really can’t, for the life of me, explain what possessed me to try this Strawberry Sheet Cake recipe when I love my other recipe so much, but OH MY GOSH, I’m SO glad I did!
Let me tell you about this, honest to goodness INCREDIBLE cake. Let’s start with the cake itself. It’s made with cake flour so of course its tender. It’s got buttermilk and lotsa butter in it so it’s really moist. Okay, stay with me, it has fresh strawberries and a sprinkle of strawberry jello in it, so it’s got the perfect “strawberryness” to the strawberry flavor.
Now for the surprise, knock your socks off, the FROSTING. The frosting is a lovely lemon, cream cheese, and whipped cream concoction that just may make you weep a little bit. It’s okay if you do, we’re all friends here and ain’t no one who tastes this cake is gonna judge! I promise you, friend 🙂
SAVE THIS STRAWBERRY SHEET CAKE
TO YOUR CAKE BOARD FOR LATER
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
Seriously, leave it to Southern Living to come up with a frosting that can make grown men and women weep a bit when they taste it! The flavors of this cake make it absolutely perfect for spring and summer. It’s so yummy, I think it will be the perfect addition to my Easter buffet. I think I’ll make the cake the day before and refrigerate it overnight then make the frosting and frost it on Easter. Since the frosting is made with whipped cream it’s better served the same day its made. I hope you give this cake a try soon.
More Cake Recipes!
Easy Pineapple Sheet Cake -a moist, pineapple-studded cake drenched in a sweet, creamy coconut icing, with crispy toasted pecans on top.
Coconut Sheet Cake – Incredibly delicious, super moist, Coconut Sheet Cake topped with a perfect Coconut frosting.
Pig Pickin Cake – Our crowd-pleasing Pig Pickin Cake is an incredibly moist, delicious, refreshingly fruity delight. Super easy to make, it’s sure to become a new favorite!
More Strawberry Recipes…
Strawberry Spinach Salad – Pretty as a picture and tasty to boot, Strawberry Spinach Salad packs layers of flavor in every bite! Fruit and pecans balance the tangy dressing perfectly!
Strawberry Salad – With baby arugula, crumbled blue cheese, halved fresh strawberries, and a homemade vinaigrette, Strawberry Salad is light and so berry delicious!
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad – Take our Strawberry Cheesecake Salad with a Graham cracker crust on top to your next potluck, and everyone will be in creamy-dreamy, buttery-crumbly heaven!
Strawberry Cream Cake – is made up of super moist strawberry cake with layers of luscious vanilla cream and of course loads of fresh strawberries!
Fresh Strawberry Cake – is a lovely delicious old fashioned cake. No frosting, no filling, just summer fruit with a little sweet crunch on the top.
Strawberry Sheet Cake with Lemon Frosting
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs Large
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups Cake Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Strawberry Flavored Jello Gelatin Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Buttermilk Well Shaken
- 2/3 Cups Fresh Strawberries Chopped
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese At Room Temperature
- 2/3 Cups Sugar Divided
- 2/3 Cups Fresh Strawberries Chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Line baking dish with parchment paper with the long sides extending 2-3 inches. Spray parchment with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a stand up electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Slowly add sugar then continue to beat 4-5 minutes until it's fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, and beat after each addition until they're incorporated. Add lemon juice and vanilla and mix in.
- In a small bowl combine flour, strawberry jello, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to butter mixture alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Gently stir in strawberries. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool cake completely. Lift the cake out of the pan, using the parchment paper extensions.
- Make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with 1/3 cup of sugar until mixture is smooth. Fold in strawberries.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream and lemon juice until mixture is frothy. Continue beating on medium-high speed and gradually add the remaining 1/3 cup sugar. Beat until mixture forms stiff peaks. Fold half of the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the rest of the whipped cream mixture.
- Immediately spread the top and sides of the cake with frosting. Serve 🙂
Source: Southern Living