Calling all Peanut butter fans! This no bake peanut butter bars recipe tastes just like a peanut butter cup! These cookie bars are so easy. They change common pantry ingredients into decadent peanut butter and chocolate no bake cookies!
They do take some time in the fridge to set but are less labor-intensive than peanut butter cookies. Don’t get me wrong, I love making cookies, but sometimes you just want to take the easy street. The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for these delicious no bake peanut butter bars to fully set!
Let’s make these!
- SO easy
- Peanut butter+chocolate= YUM
- Simple 5 ingredients
- Makes a big batch
How To Make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
To make this recipe, begin by lining a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil and spraying with cooking spray. Combine all the ingredients and press into the pan.
Put in the fridge for about 20 minutes and melt the chocolate and peanut butter together. Spread the melted chocolate over the top of the peanut butter mixture. Put them back in the fridge for 2-4 hours or until set.
Melting the chocolate- Be gentle as you melt the chocolate. In the microwave or the double boiler, go low and slow. Chocolate shouldn’t get too hot to touch.
Tips For Making The Perfect No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
My biggest tip for making these is to not skip the chill times! If you cut corners in the fridge, the layers won’t stay neat, and they’re more likely to stick.
Peanut Butter Squares Ingredient Notes
Graham Cracker crumbs – I like the boxed graham cracker crumbs. You can certainly make your own, but the premade crumbs are usually finer than what you get with a food processor.
Chocolate- I use semisweet in this recipe, but milk or dark chocolate would be delish.
These are best stored in the fridge in a tightly sealed container.
Can You Freeze Them?
To freeze this recipe, cut the chilled bars into squares, put them in a freezer bag, and pop them in the freezer.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Make Ahead Tips
There’s not much prep to do in advance for these. However, they do improve the longer they sit in the fridge. You can make them several days ahead of when you need them.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
According to food handling guidelines, these will hold in the fridge for up to a week. You can freeze it for up to 6 months.
What Other No Bake Cookies Can I Make?
You can’t get any easier than no bake cookies! Church window cookies and haystacks are quick to make and have fun presentations. You can also try a twist on tradition with no bake snickerdoodle cookies!
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Peanut Butter Base:
- 1 cup butter Melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- Line a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil, allowing 2-3 inches to extend over long sides. Spray generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the butter, graham cracker crumbs, confectioner's sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until evenly combined. Cool in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and 4 tablespoons of peanut butter in a double boiler or in the microwave. Spread over cooled peanut butter base. Refrigerate until firm. 2-4 hours. Cut into bars and enjoy.
Fans Also Made:
Originally Published on Centsless Meals