As summer is beginning to wind up, I find myself trying to enjoy as much summer fruit as possible. Peaches happen to be one of my favorites. I can’t seem to ever get enough of them. I love to eat them out of hand, grilled in salads, in pies, cobblers, and now in a delectable bar cookie! When I saw this recipe I about flipped. It seemed like a peach cobbler combined with a bar cookie. Seriously? Well, hello peach deliciousness! Two of my favorites things evah rolled up into one treat!
PIN IT TO YOUR DESSERT BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
Peach Crumb Bars
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter Chilled and Cut into Chunks
- 1 Egg Large
- 4 Cups About 4 Large Peaches, Peeled and Sliced
- 4 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup of the sugar, baking powder, ground ginger, salt and lemon zest. Add the butter and toss with the flour mixture. Use a fork or pastry cutter to blend in the butter until the size of peas. Whisk the egg slightly, and stir it into the crumb mixture. The dough will be crumbly. Press half of the dough into the prepared baking pan.
- In another bowl, stir together remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch. Add the sliced peaches and gently mix. Spoon the peaches over the crust. Crumble the remaining dough over the peach mixture.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until the top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Stores really well in the fridge.
More Dessert Recipes!
Luscious Lemon Bars -Simply made and infused with fresh lemon juice and lemon zest is an absolute must try!
Strawberry Cream Bars -Deliciously rich brown sugar crust and crumb topping plus a sweet creamy filling topped with a lovely strawberry layer!
Blackberry Pie Bars – Buttery shortbread crust, a creamy custard-like filling, chock-full of delicious blackberries and a shortbread crumble topping!
Southern Peach Cobbler– The Best Southern Peach Cobbler! Loaded with juicy, fresh peaches with just the right amount of spices, and the perfect cakey topping with crisp, sugary edges!
Source: Completely Delicious