My Quadruple Chocolate Poke Cake has four layers of tremendously moist, yummy chocolate decadence! No wonder this recipe is often simply referred to as, “Death By Chocolate Poke Cake”!
This cake is great to bring when you need to serve a bunch of people. Everyone seems to go absolutely crazy for it and I never have any leftovers. The Chocolate Fudge Layer is one most people who make plain ol’ chocolate poke cake seem to skip. I love the added chocolate and fudgy texture it so easily adds. The chocolate criss-cross adds another layer of chocolate yumminess that’s not only delicious but pretty as well 😉
Recipe Notes: This recipe has a lot of steps, but each step is really easy and fairly quick to complete. Don’t skip the refrigerating time! The cake needs it to firm up enough to cut nicely!
I microwaved my Hot Fudge Sauce to soften it up a bit and make it easier to spread. I microwaved mine for 10 seconds. If your microwave runs hot cut back the time the first time you try it.
You serve the completed cake right out of the dish the cake is baked in, so think about using a decorative 9X13 inch baking dish. Sorry about my example. I severed this at a family BBQ so I used a not so decorative dish and, as you can imagine,……….I totally got called out on it! LOL
More Chocolate Cakes and Sheet Cakes!
- Triple chocolate Layered Cake -Chocolate dream cake, moist, tender, perfectly topped with chocolate frosting!
- Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cake topped with Chocolate Ganache – Perfect combination of rich, chocolatey moist cake!
- Sour Cream Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting and Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze – Chocolate peanut butter dream come true!
- Pineapple Sunshine Cake– Our pineapple sunshine cake is a moist, delicious treat that is super easy to make. Fruity, light, and refreshing its the perfect dessert anytime!!
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake – Our Super Moist, Deeply Chocolate, Chocolate Zucchini Cake, Is Truly So Delish, You May Swoon! It May Be One Of The Best Overall Cake Recipes I Make!!
Chocolate Poke Cake
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the boxed
- 2 (3.56 -ounce) boxes instant chocolate pudding, divided
- 4 cups whole milk, divided
- 2 jars hot fudge topping
- 1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed
- Prepared the chocolate cake mix per the box instructions using any added ingredients the box calls for. Bake in a 9X13 inch pan.
- While cake is just finished baking, mix 1 box of instant chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups of the whole milk. Allow cake to cool 10 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon or a drinking straw, poke holes in the warm cake. Spread pudding mixture over warm cake using an offset spatula to try and push pudding down into holes.
- Microwave 1 of the jars of Hot Fudge Sauce for a few seconds to soften it, (I did mine for 10 seconds), and pour it over the pudding layer then use an offset spatula to gently spread it evenly over pudding layer.
- Mix the second box of pudding with the remaining 2 cups of milk: to the pudding mixture gently fold in thawed Cool Whip. Gently spread Cool Whip and pudding mixture evenly over the Hot Fudge Layer.
- Microwave the second jar of hot fudge for a few seconds to soften it, (I did mine for 10 seconds), and drizzle a decorative crisscross pattern of the hot fudge over the Cool Whip Pudding layer. I only ended up using 1/2 the jar but use however much you'd like!
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours and serve!