This is a family favorite. The original recipe came from Bon Appetit but has evolved over the years to suit our taste. It is a great weeknight meal because it doesn’t require any marinading time and once you have the steak sliced it cooks fairly quickly. I serve these tacos with all the usual things like shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce and whatever else suits my mood, but, to tell you the truth, they are so nicely seasoned you easily could serve them without all that stuff. In fact, when my son was still living at home, I had to watch the pan closely or he would eat half of it before it got to the table! ( I always let him have a few bites before I “notice” so he could think he was mister sneaky! ).
Source: Adapted From Bon Appetite
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Medium Red Onions Thinly Sliced
- 2 Red Bell Peppers Thinly Sliced
- About 1 Pound Flank Steak Sliced Across The Grain as Thinly as Possible
- 1 Cup Whole Kernel Corn Canned or Frozen,Drained
- 1-2 Jalapeno Pepper Stemmed, Seeded and Finely Chopped
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
- Warm Flour or corn Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese of Choice
- Tomatoes Chopped
- Green Onions Thinly Sliced
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add the onions and the peppers. Saute until very tender about 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add steak to skillet and cook until it is no longer pink about 1 minute. Add jalapenos, corn, reserved onions and peppers, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes or until jalapenos have slightly softened and flavors have melded. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Serve with warm flour or corn tortillas and any taco fixings you like. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Taco Recipes…
Taco Meat Recipe– With just the right amount of spice, my Taco Meat Recipe is ready in 20 minutes! No need to wait for Taco Tuesday! With this recipe, anytime is Taco Time!
Natashya KitchenPuppies says
They are some very inviting tacos! I would be stealing bits too. 🙂
This is literally the perfect weeknight meal! Mike is the same way with the meat — he'd be too full for dinner if I didn't stop him from eating all the meat beforehand! 🙂
i never think to use steak in my tacos, this looks fantastic! my family would be thrilled if i made this!
This looks like a perfect dinner (or lunch!) and I love the jalapeno and cumin in there.
These really look and sound wonderful, Kathleen. They are one of my favorite go-to meals and yours
have made me hungry. I hope you're having a wonderful day.
The Cooking Ninja says
This is something hub will love. He's a meat man. Will show him your recipe. 🙂
I never think to add corn to tacos, yum!
This looks too good..never tried this steak tacos..but I love tacos 🙂
I have to say, I'm pretty sure I would be eating this out of the pan as well. It looks too good to resist!
Ink Obsession Designs says
Wow…those look SO good! I will definitely have to try this recipe! 🙂
So much better than ground beef tacos.
cookies and cups says
Oh we are going to do a taco night tomorrow, I think I will give these a try!
Bellini Valli says
Sounds easy peasy and a delicious way to enjoy steak!!!
Looks sooooo good. These recipes that started from a great source and then evolved are the best! Thanks for sharing.
Sinful Southern Sweets says
Wow, looks so fresh and delish
This looks yummy! I'm going to try it for my family.
I am always looking for new recipes and this looks like something my family would love.
I will definitely try these!
Oh i love steak tacos!! Thanks for the recipe!
Tacos are a favorite at our house too. Love the addition of the corn!
Fresh Local and Best says
I love Mexican food! This looks like a great taco!