This is a wonderful recipe my good friend Debbie created. She had a similar dish at a restaurant and developed this from her experience. Now, I have to be honest, when she described this to me I was reluctant. I’m a dyed in the wool carnivore. This frankly sounded like it would taste too healthy! I also thought that without bread or pasta I would never feel full! Boy was I wrong! This was absolutely incredible and very filling. I loved these so much that I made them 2 times within a week. The second time I made them, I ate two of them and so thoroughly stuffed myself I felt sick. Hows that for telling you how fabulous these are! I can’t wait to make them again. They’re unbelievable! Click Here for another one of my favorite Deb recipes.
More Stuffed Pepper Recipes
- Crock Pot Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup
- Italian Stuffed Peppers
- Southwest Stuffed Pepper
- Stuffed Peppers
- 8 Fresh Pasila Peppers Roasted, Peeled and Seeded
- 3 Corn Roasted and Cut From the Cob
- 3 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 2 Pounds Crimini Mushrooms Sliced
- 3 Zucchini Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Chili Powder
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- 8 Ounces Jack or Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 4 Ounces Sour Cream
- 1 -15 Ounce Mild Enchilada Sauce Canned
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion until very soft. Add garlic and continue to saute for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and zucchini and continue to cook until all veggies are soft. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff peppers until they are half full with cooked veggie mixture. Add a layer of shredded cheese. Fill with more veggie mixture and top with cheese and place in a baking dish. Repeat until all peppers are filled. Cook in the oven until they are heated through and the cheese is melted. Top with a drizzle of the warmed enchilada sauce and a dollop of sour cream and serve.
- Source: Deb P
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
Thanks for the recipe! I made them tonight and added jalapenos for some extra heat! they were delicious 🙂
This looks amazing. I love stuffed peppers and these are like large stuffed jalapenios… well maybe not fully but definately less boring then red or green pepper… will try this one soon.
Nice pepper dish. I'd probably have to sneak some chorizo in there but that's just me;)
Wow these look great! I love stuffed peppers, and am always looking for healthier recipes for them. This might just have to be dinner tonight!
These look so delicious! This is my kind of dish! Definitely have to try. Thanks.
The nice thing about chile rellenos is you can stuff them with anything… your combination of goodies sounds great!
I love stuffed chilis, especially when covered in cheese! This looks delicious.
I love stuffed peppers and this recipe sounds amazing!
These sound beyond fantastic to me! I love taking a break from meat and this is one of those recipes where you just don't miss it. Thanks for sharing.
That looks flavorful and super-delicious! Bookmarking it!
oh I have made these, a little different but wow they are awesome..great recipe..
when a food blogger makes something more then once, you know it's good! these look delicious!!
Fantastic recipe, I can see why you love them.
These look incredible! Yummy!
Kathy Gori says
mmmmm..I love chilis of any sort and these look great!
Bookmarked! This is my kind of recipe… I love, love, love stuffed chiles. Thanks for sharing.