Our Sweet Potato Casserole is Loaded with sweet potatoes, warm spices, marshmallows, and coconut! Then topped with a crunchy cornflake and pecan topping!
This is the Best sweet potato casserole I’ve ever tasted.
It’s soooo delicious I could eat the whole pan by myself.
Well, not really, but only because it makes a big baking dish.
This is one of those dishes that my whole family loves on Thanksgiving.
They would revolt if I ever so much as threatened not to make it.
It’s very rich and good and sweet.
If you don’t like a sweetened sweet potato casserole this is not the one for you.
If you’re used to the standard recipe with marshmallows melted on top, oh baby, you won’t believe what an upgrade this recipe is.
Honestly, I can’t tell you how seriously delicious this sweet potato casserole is!!!!
This recipe will nicely feed 12-15……and they will all be very happy you made this for them. 🙂
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 4 Pounds Sweet Potatoes Peeled and Cubed
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs Lightly Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- 1 Cup Canned Evaporated Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 1/2 Cups Cornflakes Crushed
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 1 Cup Pecans Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F . Butter or spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until very tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and drain well and cool.
- Place cooked sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Mash sweet potatoes using a handheld electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, 1/2 cup butter, evaporated milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, marshmallows, and coconut.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into the prepared pan and place in preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, make the topping. In a small bowl, mix the crushed cornflakes, brown sugar, pecans and remaining 1/2 cup butter. Set aside.
- Bake 70-90 minutes or until casserole is set in the middle.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Spread the topping over the baked casserole and return to oven for 10 minutes.
More Casserole Recipes!
Cabbage Roll Casserole – Hearty and filling, while simultaneously being quick and easy to put together!
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole -Chicken, rice, broccoli, all baked in a super, creamy, easy sauce, topped with lots of gooey cheese and buttery breadcrumbs.
Chicken Tamale Casserole -Thick layer of a delicious, sweet corn pudding topped with chicken, a little sauce, and loads of gooey melted cheese!