Our Thai Style Beef Salad is layered with amazing Thai flavors that will make eating a salad as a main dish a pleasure. Certified Man and kid approved <3
I love a fabulous, main dish salad with lots of goodies. There’s nothing I like more for dinner when the weather warms up a bit. Here’s a wonderful recipe from Emerils cookbook At The Grill. I picked this book up last summer and have been enjoying trying these new recipes. This has been, by far, the family fav so far! The main change I’ve made to this recipe is to really make the herbs a larger player in the dish. I love how wonderfully fresh they make it!
Thai Style Beef Salad
- 1-1 3/4 Pound Flank Steak
- Creole Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Jasmine Rice
- 3 Tablespoons Vietnamese Fish Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Shallots Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Mint Chopped
- 1 16 ounce bag Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Cucumber Halved Lengthwise and Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds Toasted
- Season the flank steak with Creole seasoning on both sides. Refrigerate for 3 hours - overnight.
- Preheat grill, or heat a grill pan on high.
- Place the jasmine rice in a small skillet and heat it over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it is toasted, golden brown, and fragrant, 6-7 minutes. Transfer rice to a plate and allow to cool. When cool, place in a clean coffee grinder, and process it to a very fine powder. Set the rice powder aside.
- Grease grates, and grill steak for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from grill, tent with foil, and allow steak to rest for 10 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain, reserving any accumulated juices.
- In a small bowl, combine rice powder, fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, and reserved steak juice. Whisk to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the green onions, shallots, cilantro, mint, cabbage, cucumber, almonds and toss with half of the dressing. Toss well and arrange on a platter. Top with steak and remaining dressing. Serve immediately. Oh-YUM!
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
Source: Slightly Adapted From Emeril’s At The Grill