Turtle Thumbprint Cookies?
All those great flavors in one cookie!!!
What’s not to love?
Chocolate. Pecans. Caramel….Who doesn’t love Turtles?
Well, I do indeed, LOVE them and this cookie is a fabulous interpretation of a wonderful classic candy.
Every component of this cookie is perfect
The chocolate cookie is dense, chocolaty, and chewy.
The Caramel is rich and buttery.
The pecans top the whole thing off in more yumminess.
These are Killer delicious.
I can’t begin to tell you how happy I am that I found this recipe.
I will be making these often.
Turtle Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg Separated
- 1 Large Egg White
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cup Pecans Finely Chopped
- 14 Soft Caramel Candies
- 3 Tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 2 Ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 Teaspoon White Crisco
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in a bowl. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add egg yolk, milk, and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture until just combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk egg whites in a bowl until frothy. Place pecans in another bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, dip in egg whites, then roll in pecans. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using 1/2-teaspoon measure, make an indentation in center of each ball. Bake until set, about 12 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking.
- Microwave caramels and cream in a bowl, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Once cookies are removed from the oven, gently re-press existing indentations. Fill each with 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture. Cool 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- As cookies cool, make the glaze. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 2 ounces of chocolate with Crisco for 45 seconds. Stir. if not completely melted, continue to microwave in 10 seconds, 50% power intervals. When cookies are cooled drizzle warm glaze with a fork over cookies.
More Cookie Recipes!
Almond Joy Cookies -Delicious chewy cookies loaded with tender coconut and just the right amount of chocolate!
Monster Cookies -loaded with peanut butter, oats, and tons of GOODIES!
Cranberry Bliss Cookies -Delicious cookie base, cream cheese frosting, lots of cranberries and the white chocolate drizzle!
Source: America’s Test Kitchen