Cranberry Bliss Cookies!
Who doesn’t love the original Cranberry Bliss Bars from Starbucks.
I think my local Starbucks has paid their entire December rent directly from the profits they’ve made from my personal consumption of these bars.
I make a copycat version of the bars every year around the holidays for family and friends.
Trust me, I deliver them to everyone the day they’re made so I don’t eat the entire batch myself.
They’re good~really, really GOOD!!!
Who can stop at just one when you have an entire pan freshly baked wrapped up in your fridge?
So this year, while checking out the latest and greatest holiday recipes, I saw this recipe from Gimme Some Oven and absolutely had to try these Cranberry Bliss Cookies!
They’re just like the original bars from Starbucks only they’re made as a single cookie
All the elements you love, delicious cookie base, cream cheese frosting, lots of cranberries and, of course, the white chocolate drizzle.
Oh, wait a minute……
Did I mention that the chewy cookie part of these beauties is totally loaded with white chocolate chips and cranberries?
Really, these are Cranberry bliss bars done even better!
Oh, and they’re just so dang cute as individual cookies.
Say hello to Cranberry Bliss Cookies!
The original recipe makes about 42-48 cookies, depending on how big you make them.
I found that, for me, I only had enough frosting and cranberries for 24-30 cookies.
I guess I’ve sorta got a thing for frosting and tend to apply a fairly thick layer.
Also, for my version I doubled the white chocolate drizzle.
Honestly, I don’t think I put more than an average amount of drizzle on each cookie.
Let’s face it, sometimes I do go overboard, but I don’t think I did in this case~just saying.
Down below in the recipe, I’ve written the amounts of the frosting ingredients as 1 1/2 times the original.
I’ve doubled the ingredient amounts for the glaze.
Just to add to the festive holiday appearance of these Cranberry Bliss Cookies, I add just a sprinkle of coarse sugar.
I love the added extra sparkle.
It feels happily festive to me.
Just like the last cookies I posted, I got these festive sprinkles, from Amazon.
Source: Slightly Varied From Gimme Some Oven
- Cranberry Salad Recipe -Fluffy, fruit-filled, colorful companion to any meal with the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
- Cranberry Bar Cookies – This cranberry filling is the perfect sweetness for any season!
- Cranberry Jello Salad – Our Cranberry Jello Salad Is Sweet And Tart With An Amazing Creamy Topping. This Perfect Holiday Treat Might Create A Stampede To The Table!
More Cookie Recipes!
- Almond Joy Cookies– Our Almond Joy Cookies are everything you love in the candy bar in an easy to make cookie. Loaded with coconut, almonds and the right amount of chocolate!
- Butter Pecan Cookies – It’s super rich, buttery and virtually melts in your mouth.
Cranberry Bliss Cookies
Cranberry Bliss Cookies~just like the original bars from Starbucks only in a chewy cookie version. Perfect for the holidays! Cranberry Bliss Cookies
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup~ 2 Sticks Butter, At Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 12 Ounce~1 1/2 Blocks Cream Cheese, At Room Temperature
- 3/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips Melted in the Microwave
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
Drizzle and Topping:
- 1 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips Melted in the Microwave
- 1 ~2 Teaspoons White Crisco Optional
Make the Cookie:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture. Mix until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and cranberries and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Cover, and chill for at least 1 hour. Drop a rounded medium cookie scoop full of dough onto silicone baking mat or parchment lined cookie sheet, 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake until edges begins to brown, about 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking pan about 10 minutes, then remove to a wire baking rack and cool completely.
Make the Frosting:
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, melted white chocolate and vanilla with an electric mixer. Gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing until smooth.
- Spread the completely cooled cookies with a layer of frosting.
- Sprinkle with chopped cranberries.
Make the Drizzle:
In a small bowl, mix the melted white chocolate with the crisco until smooth. Using a fork, drizzle glaze over cookies.
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.