Appeal to the entire age spectrum with the indulgent and satisfying blend of chocolate and peppermint in Godiva Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies!
Pin it to your CHRISTMAS BOARD to save for later!
Be Sure To Follow Gonna Want Seconds on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Topped with a burst of holiday cheer, the Hershey’s Kiss is America’s most popular chocolate since 1907 and crowns this Godiva Peppermint Thumbprint cookies perfectly!
Our delicious Godiva Peppermint Thumbprint cookies base starts out by creaming unsalted butter with white sugar and brown sugar together until fluffy. I love using brown sugar in my cookies because it gives the cookies just the right amount of chewiness from the molasses in the brown sugar.
And you can’t have a Godiva peppermint thumbprint cookies chocolate base without the chocolate. I knew that’s what you were waiting for too! Here is where we add in the Hershey’s cocoa powder. There’s even a dark chocolate cocoa by Hershey’s, so if you want to up the dark chocolate goodness here, go for it!
Then you add in the pure peppermint extract which pairs decadently with the chocolate and embodies the holidays perfectly.
Chocolate and peppermint together always reminds me of the winter holidays with the coolness of the peppermint resembling the weather outside and the warm notes of the chocolate resembling the warmth inside. Perfect combo!
So now that our cookie dough is combined nicely with the peppermint and chocolate, it’s time to add my happy little tip for ensuring that all cookies come out relatively the same size. Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out the dough and then roll the dough into a ball by hand.
Make you sure you give them a little spreading room on the baking sheet too.
Oh! and while the cookies are in the oven, the most exciting part…ok, well one of the most exciting parts, is measuring out the one cup of Godiva chocolate chips (and if you have to “rescue” the 5 or 6 that conveniently fell out of the measuring cup,…I totally understand. Been there done that.)
Now melt those chocolate beauties either in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring between each time, until they are silky smooth, or you can melt them on the stove top over a double boiler. Either one will produce a great result.
Another exciting part is unwrapping 24 Hershey’s peppermint kisses (and I think that counts as exercise). You might want to have the kids help you with this part too if you can trust them.
When the cookies are finished baking, press a peppermint kiss into the top of each cookie while they are still soft and then for the grand finale, drizzle the top of each cookie with the melted Godiva chocolate.
You can dip a spoon into the melted chocolate and then move it back and forth over the top of the cookie for the drizzle effect and perfection is not important.
The torturous part of making Godiva Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies is letting them sit for about 10 minutes before indulging.
Both young and old will love these Godiva Peppermint Thumbprint cookies and I hope that you give these simple yet delicious cookies a try this season. It’s my gift to you.
Godiva Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 24 Peppermint Kisses Unwrapped
- 1 Cup Godiva Milk Chocolate Chips Melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until combined; set aside
- Cream together butter and both sugars, in the bowl of a stand up mixer, until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and blend just until the yellow disappears. Stir in peppermint extract. Gradually mix in flour mixture, in 1/2 cup increments, until just combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop dough into your hands and roll into a ball.
- Place on cookie sheets and bake 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet about 5 minutes. Press a Herseys Kiss into the center of the cookie.
- Drizzle melted Godiva chocolate over the cookies with a fork. Allow chocolate to harden completely before serving.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Christmas Treat!
- Italian Christmas Cookies -Moist, cake-like texture that fills any room with an unbeatable aroma!
- Soft Batch Christmas M&M cookies – Soft, chewy, fluffy cookies sure to be a favorite in any holiday event!
- Yugoslavian Christmas Cookies – Crunchy nut and meringue topping over the berry shortbread crust an absolutely divine combination!
- Candy Cane Cookies -Peppermint or almond flavored sugar cookie dough, twisted into these charming cookies
- Buckeye Cookies- In a twist on the famous candy, Buckeye cookies use the classic combo of peanut butter and chocolate in 3 layers of chocolate and peanut butter perfection!
- Butter Pecan Cookies – It’s super rich, buttery and virtually melts in your mouth.
- Cranberry Bliss Bars- Our Cranberry Bliss Bars (Starbuck’s copycat) are even better than any you can buy. Tender buttery bars, cream cheese frosting topped with Cranberries!
- Lebkuchen – Lebkuchen cookies are wunderbar! Warm gingerbread spices meet soft cakey dough and delicate frosting. A German gem that’ll make your holiday party special!