As soon as the weather cools down a bit, and it starts to just begin to feel like fall, these are the cookies I want baking in my oven.
Soft, chewy, deliciously spiced, Molasses cookies.
How can you resist these?
This recipe produces cookies with utterly the perfect texture and spice for me.
More Lovely Cookie Recipes!
Almond Joy Cookies -Delicious chewy cookies loaded with tender coconut and just the right amount of chocolate!
Monster Cookies -loaded with peanut butter, oats, and tons of GOODIES!
Cranberry Bliss Cookies -Delicious cookie base, cream cheese frosting, lots of cranberries and the white chocolate drizzle!
Molasses Spice Cookies
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 3/4 Cup 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/2 Cup Plus Extra For Rolling Sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/3 Cup Unsulphured Molasses
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and allspice and set aside.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes with mixer set at medium speed. Add egg, vanilla extract, and molasses. Beat until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined about 30 seconds.
- Place remaining 1/3 cup of granulated sugar (I used coarse sugar) in a shallow bowl. Scoop out dough in 2 tablespoon clumps and roll into 1 3/4 inch-wide balls. Roll balls in sugar and place on prepared sheets, spacing them 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the outer edges of the cookies begin to set and centers are soft and puffy (the inside of the cracks will still look raw), about 11 to 13 minutes. Don't overbake these cookies! Cool cookies on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks. These cookies stay nicely chewy for a few days if kept in an airtight container.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.