These are Killer delicious. I can’t begin to tell you how happy I am that I found this recipe. I will be making these often.
- 1 Cup - All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup - Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon - Salt
- 1/2 Cup - Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
- 2/3 Cup - Sugar
- 1 - Large Egg, Separated
- 1 - Large Egg White
- 2 Tablespoons - Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cup - Pecans, Finely Chopped
- 14 - Soft Caramel Candies
- 3 Tablespoon - Heavy Cream
- 2 Ounces - Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1 Teaspoon - White Crisco
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in bowl. With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add egg yolk, milk, and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture until just combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, 1 hour.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk egg whites in bowl until frothy. Place pecans in another bowl. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, dip in egg whites, then roll in pecans. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using 1/2-teaspoon measure, make indentation in center of each ball. Bake until set, about 12 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking.
- Microwave caramels and cream in bowl, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Once cookies are removed from oven, gently re-press existing indentations. Fill each with 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture. Cool 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- As cookies cool, make glaze. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt 2 ounces of chocolate with Crisco for 45 seconds. Stir. if not completely melted, continue to microwave in 10 second, 50% power intervals. When cookies are cooled drizzle warm glaze with fork over cookies.