Here’s a wonderful and unique Chili that is perfect when the weather cools down. It’s super chunky, full of great flavors, and a wonderful change of pace from your standard chili. The corn gives the chili Verde a sweet crunch and the lime and cilantro really brighten all the flavors. If you want a spicier version don’t seed the poblanos and add a few jalapenos.
Chicken and Bean Chili Verde
- 3 Pounds Fresh Tomatillos Washed and Husks Removed
- 3 Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 Extra Large Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 3 Poblano Peppers Seeded and Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 16 Ounce Package Frozen Corn
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Dried Ground Cumin
- 1 Fully Cooked Rotisserie Chicken Shredded
- 1 15 Ounce Can Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 15 Ounce Can Navy Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 15 Ounce Can Small Kidney Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 2-4 Cups Chicken Broth Divided
- 1 Cup Crushed Tortilla Chips Fairly Finely Crushed
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Black Pepper
- Bring the first 3 ingredient and 3 cups of water to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan. Boil 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and peppers in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until the vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes. Add corn and continue to saute 2 minutes. Add chili powder and cumin; saute another 4 minutes.
- Remove tomatillo mixture from heat and cool 5 minutes. Process mixture with a stick blender until smooth.
- Add chicken, beans, tomatillo mixture and 2 cups of chicken broth to Dutch oven. Cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Stir in crushed tortilla chips, cilantro and lime juice. Add extra chicken broth to achieve desired thickness and heat through. Check to season and adjust with salt and pepper.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe
More Chicken Recipes!
Brown Sugar Crock Pot Chicken– One of those crock pot recipes that are super delicious, family-friendly, and super easy to make!
Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe– Sticky sweet and savory, surely have you battling for the last piece!
White Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce-These are easy to make and off the charts delicious! Super Cheesy, Lots of Chicken and a Creamy Rich Sauce
Source: Adapted from Southern Living