Our easy Creamy Lemon Skillet Chicken is coated in a luscious creamy lemon sauce and can be ready in 30 minutes! Perfect for a weeknight meal or company!
This is one of those dinners, I honestly just can’t say enough good things about! Boneless breast of chicken cooked in an amazing, I mean really an amazing lemon cream sauce. Its quick and easy to put together and is done all on the stove top, in one skillet. Perfect for a weeknight meal yet special enough to serve to company.
I like to serve this simply with a salad or some roasted broccoli on the side. But, what I find to be even more important when serving this incredible creamy lemon chicken, is to cook up a little rice or pasta or serve it with some nice fresh crusty French bread so you don’t miss a single solitary drop of that sauce! Believe me, you don’t want to miss any of the sauce. Frankly, I swear I could drink that sauce up with a spoon it’s so yummy!
You might want to think of doubling the sauce ingredients……..SERIOUSLY!
**WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT THIS RECIPE**
- It makes a restaurant quality meal in 30 minutes.
- The Sauce is Amazing. I double it sometimes to have extra for pasta.
- My family is always happy when I serve this!
How Do You Make Creamy Lemon Skillet Chicken?
This recipe is fairly simple and straightforward to put together. The chicken is first coated lightly with a bit of flour and salt and pepper, then it’s cooked in the skillet until it’s nicely golden brown. Then the chicken is removed to a plate and you make a pan sauce in the skillet!
Viola, maestro, you have just created a stove top symphony of deliciousness!
SAVE THIS CREAMY LEMON SKILLET CHICKEN
TO YOUR CHICKEN OR DINNER BOARD FOR LATER
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
Recipe Notes For Creamy Lemon Skillet Chicken:
Pan Size-I use my Lodge 12-Inch skillet to prepare this delicious chicken dinner. The chicken breasts brown up fabulous with its even distribution of heat
Pasta or Rice- If you’re going to serve this with pasta or rice, start it before you start cooking the chicken.
Caramelized Lemons- I love to make this with caramelized lemon slices like shown in my photos. To be honest, when I’m making this for a weeknight meal I generally skip this step.
Creamy Lemon Skillet Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon~Divided All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 4 Chicken Breast Halves Boneless and Skinless
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter Cubed
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup ~Divided Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Large Lemon Thickly Sliced Optional
- 1 Fresh Lemon Zest Optional
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Parsely Roughly Chopped, Optional
- Remove chicken from packaging and dry with paper towels.
- Add 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat, shaking off excess flour as you remove it from the bag.
- In a 12-inch skillet, melt butter. Add the coated chicken pieces and cook over medium heat, 7-9 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked and an instant-read thermometer reads 170 degrees. Remove chicken to a plate and loosely cover with aluminum foil to keep it warm.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan drippings. Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir well, lifting up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, about 8 minutes.
- Add lemon slices, pushing them to the bottom of the skillet and continue simmering another few minutes or until the broth is reduced to about 1/3 of a cup. Remove the lemon slices to the plate of chicken.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cream and the lemon juice and simmer over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon flour and remaining 1/4 cup cream to the skillet and whisk until smooth.
- Bring sauce to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Slip the chicken back in the sauce and flip it over once to coat. Garnish with caramelized lemon slices, lemon zest, and parsley as desired.
More Chicken Recipes!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken – One of the most delicious, quick and easy chicken recipes EVER!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Recipe-This bubbling beauty is everything you want in a creamy, cheesy casserole and a dazzling dinner dish!
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken -zesty chicken is tender, moist and juicy and loaded with yummy fresh flavors
Shoyu Chicken – Our Shoyu Chicken is a succulent, tender dish that highlights aromatic flavors. Fall off the bone, melt in your mouth tender, chicken has never been easier!
Balsamic Chicken– Our One Skillet Balsamic Chicken is delicious for any Season! The sauce is made with fresh grape tomatoes which are readily available year round. Easy Delish Dinner! No marinating time or extra pans required.
Chicken Lazone – Spice up dinner with Chicken Lazone. Deliciously seasoned and covered in a rich sauce. Made in one pan with very little prep. Great weeknight comfort food!
Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken – smells like Florence and tastes like heaven! Rich and filling, it’s perfect for long days and special occasions!
Italian Chicken – This recipe for Italian Chicken is so juicy and flavorful, you’re sure to use it as a go-to weeknight recipe! Moist, and juicy with a taste of Italy.
Lemon Pepper Chicken – My light and crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken – with a peppery, creamy lemon sauce that transforms your table into an elegant French dining room in less than 30 minutes.
Source: Taste of Home