Crunchers are a treasure! ! Buttery layers of crackers, caramel, peanut butter, butterscotch, brown sugar AND peanut butter that’ll knock your socks off!
These little treasures are a cross between a candy and cookie. Oh, man are they delicious. Really. Really!!! If you try only one new recipe this year, take my advice, make it this one. I think you’ll be very happy over this little decision 🙂 I’ve read that these are the most popular recipe on Pinterest. Honestly, I have no idea if they are or aren’t. They may well be one of the tastiest recipes on Pinterest.
Just an FYI: I bought a 16-ounce box of Club Crackers and used a little less than 2 sleeves…. of course, I may have snacked on a few!!!
- 80 Club Crackers
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2/3 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Butterscotch Chips
- Line a 9X13-inch baking pan with foil, leaving an extension of foil on either end. Line the foil with 1 layer of club crackers, cutting to fit if necessary.
- In a heavy bottom large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, milk, and sugar. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Moderate heat and reduce as needed so mixture doesn't stick to the bottom and mixture doesn't boil too hard (this can cause the butter to separate). Remove from heat and spread half of the butter mixture evenly over crackers. Place another single layer of crackers evenly over butter mixture, cutting to fit if necessary. Spread remaining butter mixture evenly over crackers. Top evenly with remaining crackers.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips. Melt over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over top of crackers. Cover, and chill for at least 1 hour. Lift foil overhang and remove bars from pan. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Christmas Treats!
- Italian Christmas Cookies -Moist, cake-like texture that fills any room with an unbeatable aroma
- Yugoslavian Christmas Cookies – Crunchy nut and meringue topping over the berry shortbread crust an absolutely divine combination!
- Christmas Crack – Buttery toffee with a light, crispy crust, coated in rich chocolate and toasted pecans may just be the most addictive snack ever!
- Georgia Pig Peanut Brittle – is tender, crunchy at the same time, and has an airy, honeycomb interior.
Source: twirl and taste