Bring in the holidays with our Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting. Delicious – melt in your mouth and that Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting..!
These are absolutely delicious gingerbread cupcakes. They are everything gingerbread should be. Nicely spiced, moist, and they melt in your mouth! The frosting takes gingerbread to a whole new level. Lemon Cream Cheese frosting.Seriously. These are incredible and will put a nostalgic Christmas smile on your face with just one bite. Merry Christmas, happy Holidays and happy baking!
Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dried Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Ground Allspice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsulfured Molasses
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese at Room Temperature
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Lemon Zest
- 2 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Mini Gingerbread Men Cookies
- Crystallized Ginger Chopped
- Cupcakes: Into a bowl sift together the flour, the ground ginger, the cinnamon, the cloves, the allspice, and the salt.
- In another bowl cream 1/2 stick of the butter, add the granulated sugar, and beat the mixture until it is fluffy. Beat in the molasses and the egg, beating until the mixture is smooth.
- In a measuring cup combine the baking soda with 1/2 cup boiling water and stir the mixture until the baking soda is dissolved.
- Stir the mixture into the molasses mixture (the mixture will appear curdled) and stir the molasses mixture.
- Stir the molasses mixture into the flour mixture, stirring to combine the ingredients well.
- Line twelve 1/2-cup muffin tins with paper liners and pour the batter into the liners, filling them evenly with all the batter.
- Bake the cupcakes in the middle of a preheated 350°F. oven for 20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. (The cupcakes will be flat or slightly indented on top.) Transfer the cupcakes to a rack and let them cool.
- Frosting: In a bowl cream together the cream and cheese, softened butter until smooth.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and the vanilla, and beat the mixture until it is fluffy and smooth.
- Beat in the zest and the lemon juice and chill the frosting for 30 minutes. Spread or pipe the frosting on the cupcakes and top each cupcake with some of the crystallized ginger.
- Source: Slightly Adapted From Epicurious
These look incredibly amazing.
Bird on Huh says
Wow that looks delicious! The gingerbread men are just too cute.
Tiffany @ Conor & Bella says
I love gingerbread. Cute cupcakes!
Hmmmm – this flavor combination is KILLER!!! Wish I was chomping down on one of these right now.
Hi Kathleen. Talk about adorable! These cupcakes look like the cutest holiday treat I've seen all week. I made gingerbread last night, and I can only imagine how much better it would have tasted with some of that lemon cream cheese frosting. What a great idea! Thank you for sharing with me. I hope you have a blessed Sunday!
What a gorgeous, delicious cupcake! Love the gingerbread man garnish as well. Excellent work!
The do look perfect!
gingerbread and lemon go so good together, these look just lovely and delicious!
This has to be one of the cutest holiday pictures ever, seriously! They look so pretty with the gingerbread cookies on top. Sounds delicious too!
P.S. Made the chocolate gobs and loved them. Thanks for the recipe!
Those look so cute, Kathleen. And I really like the idea of the lemon in the cream cheese frosting. Copying the recipe now…
These are sooooo adorable!!! The ginger with lemon frosting sounds fab!:)
This cupcake sounds so good. I have copied it and will try them for Christmas.
Thanks. Love the little “G” men….
Diana's Cocina says
Your lemon cream cheese frosting sounds just as divine as the gingerbread. The gingerbread men are darling.
I love gingerbread anything, and your gingerbread cupcakes sound really great especially with lemon cream cheese frosting..yum! Your little gingerbread men are so cute.
These look fantastic! Love gingerbread.
I bet these are fantastic! They sure look cute:)
Ginger & lemon sounds freaking awesome!
Ana Powell says
So festive and delicious.
Lovely recipe ?
These sound amazing! I love the photo it definitely captures what the cupcakes are all about.
omg! this is seriously the best photo! Love it. They sound great and i don't really even like gingerbread:)