All the comfort of a classic pumpkin pie, in one beautiful, handheld bite. These impossible pumpkin pie cupcakes have me dreaming of fall and all the flavors that come with it. Not too sweet and easy to share—these are my new favorite pumpkin treat.
Pumpkin, It’s Not Just For Pie Anymore!
Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes Recipe
Pumpkin pie is a Thanksgiving staple—but pumpkin is such a wonderful ingredient we shouldn’t reserve it just for one day! These cupcakes are fun, festive, and taste like fall. No pie required.
Cupcakes feel more casual than a pie, and they are great for back-to-school get-togethers or church socials because they are already made into individual servings. Pumpkin pie on the go, if you will.
These cupcakes are impossibly tender, and a swirl of frosting complements all the warm spices. With these, you can have your cake, and your pumpkin pie too!
On your phone? Check the web story here.
- Pumpkin Puree
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Evaporated Milk
- All-purpose Flour
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Liners: I pour the batter directly into a muffin tin that’s been well coated with nonstick baking spray. I find that paper liners don’t work well with this recipe. If you want to use liners, use silicone liners. Paper liners make it difficult, if not impossible, to remove after the cupcakes have baked.
Storing + Freezing
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? These cupcakes can be kept in the fridge for a week in an airtight container.
- Can You Freeze This? Hotel wrap with plastic wrap and freeze for 4-6 months.
- Make-Ahead Tips: Bake this ahead and refrigerate.
How to Make Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Mix the wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Whisk them all together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the cupcake mixture onto the muffin tins.
- Bake. Cool. Add whipped cream on top.
See full instructions below.
More Yummy Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Lasagna
- Pumpkin Bread
If you make this yummy cobbler, I’d love it if you snapped a photo and tagged me on Instagram, @gonna_want_seconds, or please share this recipe on Pinterest, Facebook, or Yummly! I really appreciate your support, my friends! 🥰 BTW….are you receiving our free newsletter with a free weekly meal plan?
Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon s pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with silicone or paper liners. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (177 °C).
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together pumpkin (1 can), sugar (1 cup), brown sugar (1/4 cup), eggs (2), vanilla extract (1 teaspoon), and milk (3/4 cup) until evenly combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour (2/3 cup), pumpkin spice (2 teaspoons), salt (1/4 teaspoon), baking powder (1/4 teaspoon), and baking soda (1/4 teaspoon).
- Gradually whisk in flour mixture to pumpkin mixture whisking until well combined.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the filling into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool in pan for twenty minutes.
- Remove muffin cups from the pan and refrigerate for 1 hour. Top with whipped cream and serve!
Fans Also Made:
- Liners: I pour the batter directly into a muffin tin that's been well coated with nonstick baking spray. I find that paper liners don't work well with this recipe. If you want to use liners, use silicone liners. Paper liners make it difficult, if not impossible, to remove after the cupcakes have baked.