Yesterday was a big day for me. My baby, my sweet son, turned 20! Yikes! How in the heck did that happen?!? I mean, who is old enough to have their youngest child turn 20? Evidently, I AM! Once I got over the horror that he was no longer a teenager and I was no longer able to tell people I was in my late 30’s (with any hope of them possibly believing me ) we had a lovely day. Hubby and I drove up to spend the day with him. We walk around his college campus, ate lots of good food and, and most of all, enjoyed the wonderful person we are both lucky enough to call our son.
Every time we visit him I put together a little care package of baked goods. This time, because it was his birthday, I wanted to make him coconut cupcakes. He LOVES coconut, so, I thought these would be perfect. This is the first time I tried this recipe. It received rave reviews on food network website. We all decided that the cupcakes were really good but it was the frosting that made theses outrageously delicious. What else was in his care package you ask? Silver Palate sour cream coffee cake, blueberry muffins, chocolate truffle cookies and chicken dumpling soup. Happy birthday to you my sweet child!
Source: The Neely’s
More Yummy Coconut Recipes…
Coconut Sheet Cake – This delicious Coconut Sheet Cake is stuffed to the seams with incredible coconut flavor. It’s the perfect ending to every summer BBQ!
- 2 1/2 Cups Cake Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 5 Eggs Large
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 2/3 Cup Buttermilk Well Shaken
- 1 1/2 Cups Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 2-8 Ounce Blocks Cream Cheese at Room Temperature
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 6 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- For The Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Into a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using a hand-held mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time until just combined. Add vanilla and coconut extract. Add buttermilk and dry ingredients, being careful not to over mix. Mix in the shredded coconut.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks before frosting.
- For the Frosting: Using a hand-held mixer beat cream cheese and butter together until light and smooth. Add vanilla extract and slowly add the confectioners' sugar 1cup at a time until thoroughly incorporated. Add coconut and mix until incorporated.
- Frost cupcakes high with about 4 tablespoons of icing.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE