It’s finally warming up in Socal! Yay!!! So it’s out to the grill for me. Time to dust off my Weber. The first thing I decided to grill is my FAVORITE grilled flank steak. This recipe is from my friend Debbie S. She gave it to me forevah ago. Before I had kids. What-What!!! Serious, Yikes!!! I can’t even begin to believe I have a recipe that’s 24 years old, let alone that it’s still one of my all time favorite recipes. I love it because it’ssimple and just plain de-licious! Nothing fancy, just the kinda something your mom would have made for you. It needs to marinade overnight so plan ahead a little. It’s easy-peasy, home cookin delicious! If you’re not ready for BBQ because the weather isn’t cooperating, save this one for when summer just starts to call.
Grilled Flank Steak
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Garlic Powder
- Mix all ingredients together. Marinade steak overnight in the fridge.
- Remove steak from fridge and let sit out on counter 30 minutes while you prepare bbq grill.
- Grill over medium high for about 8 -12 minutes per side until steak is cooked to desired doneness. (Most other recipes I've read call for steak to be grilled a total of 9-12 minutes. This has always resulted in a totally super rare steak for me. I like my steak MR.)
- Allow steak to rest for about 10 minutes then slice on the bias and serve!
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.