The whole thing can be prepared in a reasonable amount of time and all done in ONE skillet.
Yes, that’s right…….Shrimp…………Sauce………….and even the Pasta!
All cooked in one skillet.
Best part of that is there’s only one pan to clean when dinners done.
I have to say, that’s huge for me.
No giant pasta pot, colander and then skillet as well to wash up!
All of the housekeeping aside, this is a really yummy recipe.
We all loved it.
The shrimp was nicely cooked.
I adored the shape of pasta that was selected for the dish and the sauce was really, really delish!
My son was throwing elbows to make sure he got a second helping!
So, let’s talk about the amount of garlic in the recipe.
It seems like a lot and honestly, it is!
The thing is that most of the garlic is cooked for a significant amount of time, so it really mellows it out.
Only 2 of the 11 cloves are added toward the end of the recipe and remain a bit more pungent.
Not at all in a negative way.
It’s what gives the dish its signature garlic flavor.
The one thing I will change next time I make this is the type of shrimp I use.
I absolutely hate having to stop and cut off the shrimp tails in a dish like this.
I’ll just buy them without tails next time.
It’s a little thing, but frankly, I think it makes a big impact on how you experience the overall dish.
What do you think?
This definitely needed a bit of salt and pepper to my taste so make sure you taste the dish at the end and adjust it to your liking.
I also like my scampi just a bit more lemony.
The rest of the fam though it was absolutely perfect just as it is written.
I think it’s perfect served with a few lemon wedges for peeps like me who love their lemon.
More Pasta Recipes
- Creamy Artichoke and Creamy Pasta – Refreshing light sauce loaded with chunks of chicken, bacon, artichokes, and capers.
- Chicken Alfredo – Easy, ultra-creamy, rich, decadent, and just may be the best pasta recipe ever!
- Greek Pasta – An easy dish that your whole family will enjoy—carnivores and herbivores alike!
- Five Cheese Ziti Al Forno– Our recipe for Olive Garden Five Cheese Ziti Al Forno is a delicious version of this wonderful meal. Uber Cheesy, warm and comforting – truly delightful!
- Southern Macaroni Salad – Get ready for a blast from the past! This crazy creamy, sweet and tangy classic Southern Macaroni Salad is just like Grandma’s!
Source: The Best Skillet Recipes
One Skillet Shrimp and Pasta Scampi
- 11 Large Garlic Cloves Minced - DIVIDED
- Olive Oil - DIVIDED
- 3 Tablespoons Parsely Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1 Pound Shrimp Large or Extra Large
- Black Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 12 Ounces or 4 1/2 Cups Dried Campanelle Pasta
- In a small bowl combine 2 cloves of finely minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, parsley, lemon juice and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the shrimp, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and sugar and toss to evenly coat.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add the shrimp in a single layer. Allow shrimp to brown without stirring for about 1 minute. Stir and continue to cook until the shrimp are pink and the center is opaque. Remove shrimp to a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Cool skillet for about a minute. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 9 cloves of minced garlic and red pepper flakes and cook on low for a few minutes, stirring often. Stir in wine and increase the heat to medium-high and simmer for a few minutes until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Stir in water, chicken broth and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the pasta and increase the heat to high, cooking at a vigorous simmer, stirring frequently, until the pasta is al dente and the liquid has thickened, approximately 15 minutes. Add the shrimp back to the skillet with any juices that have accumulated and heat until the shrimp are just warmed through. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the reserved garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil mixture. Adjust seasonings and serve.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE