Fresh Strawberry Cake … is a lovely delicious old fashioned cake. No frosting, no filling, just summer fruit with a little sweet crunch on the top.
Childhood memories of luscious desserts align with the delights of fresh fruit in this fresh strawberry cake recipe. Crumb-moist cake, fresh, delicious berries, and a splash of vanilla make this tender dessert a winning option every time. Fresh Strawberry cake always brings smiles to the table at family gatherings or picnics. This fresh strawberry cake recipe without gelatin truly is the perfect option for a summer fruit dessert with a sweet delight on top.
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Cake
Fresh strawberry cake is a fairly simple recipe to make. Pull out the ingredients and get to work while the oven preheats.
Add flour, baking soda, and salt into a mixing bowl and combine together before setting aside. Then, in a different bowl, blend the butter, sugar, and lemon zest in your stand-up mixer. Add in the milk, vanilla, and eggs and combine together thoroughly.
Next, you’ll add in the flour mixture and combine until moist, then pour it into your pan. Top with fresh strawberries, bake and serve.
Can This Homemade Strawberry Cake Be Made Ahead Of Time?
This homemade strawberry cake can be made ahead of time if you like, but I prefer to serve this the same day for the ultimate in flavor and freshness. The strawberries really do taste best same day, and, well, it’s so delicious you won’t have to worry about it sticking around long enough to get funky on you.
More Strawberry Cake Recipes To Love:
Love strawberries even half as much as I do? Well, there are tons more strawberry cake recipes to love! Head out to your local farmer’s market for the perfect strawberries and come home and whip up any of these awesome desserts for a delectable fresh strawberry cake Martha Stewart would be proud of.
Strawberry Layer Cake
Strawberry Layer Cake is the perfect 3 layer strawberry cake from scratch for your gatherings this summer. Serve it up with ice cream, whipped cream, and a cup of milk, and everyone will melt into creamy, berry heaven.
Strawberry Cream Cake
Strawberry Sheet Cake
Strawberry Sheet Cake is a simple, delicious dessert you can bring along to any social gathering with folks of all ages. How can you lose with Strawberries and cake. Combine this delightfully simple recipe with Strawberry Cobbler or Berry Chantilly Cake for the perfect berry extravaganza.
Strawberry Shortcake Cake
Strawberry Shortcake Cake is an awesome way to sweeten your day. Grab your mixing bowl, bake it up, and delight in the glorious strawberry goodness of this dreamy dessert.
Let’s face it, so many wonderful desserts stem (no pun) from Strawberries. While a moist strawberry cake recipe from box is not a rarity, we feel we give them a run for their money with our offerings.
More Strawberry Cakes On Our Radar:
If the list above isn’t enough for you, consider this list of more 5 star strawberry cake recipes on our radar. They’re seriously amazing, delicious, and easy to make. You’ll find something everyone can enjoy from these delectable strawberry cake mix recipes featuring that ruby red gem of the garden.
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
If you love cheesecake and strawberries, our delightful strawberry shortcake cheesecake marries the two for a dessert you’ll never forget.
Strawberry Cake With Jello
Or, if you’re like my family, strawberry cake with Jello is a wonderful twist on dessert that has an amazing texture of creaminess and berries that’ll leave you begging for more.
Strawberry cheesecake is an awesome way to enjoy this classic dessert. Whip it up, top it off with whipped cream and a drizzle of berry sauce, and enjoy!
Strawberry Cake From Scratch
Of course, you’ll want to consider making strawberry cake from scratch. This is a super delicious way to get away from a strawberry cake recipe using cake mix and add that extra touch of love.
Strawberry Pound Cake
A delightfully dense dessert — absolutely perfect for pairing with vanilla ice cream and a swirl of whipped cream — is the strawberry pound cake.
Strawberry Crunch Cake
If you love a good crunch like I do, try strawberry crunch cake. The cake and crunch combine with a berry goodness for the perfect dessert.
Best Strawberry Cake Recipe
Now, if you want the absolute best dessert filled with red berries, try the Best Strawberry Cake Recipe. It’s delicious, easy to make, and absolutely everybody’s favorite.
Strawberry Poke Cake
For a sweet, delightful cake with strawberry swirled in, try this delicious strawberry poke cake. It’s colorful and delicious — perfect for any party!
Favorite Things To Serve With:
Recipe Notes for Fresh Strawberry Cake
Two tips for this Fresh Strawberry Cake recipe UK style for you as you make this cake:
- This delectable recipe uses fresh, juicy strawberries mixed into the batter. This means that the cake will fall a bit after it cools, so don’t panic.
- Make sure you use a toothpick to check for doneness.
- Sugar: Don’t skip the sugar on top of the cake. It helps give the cake a lovely golden brown and adds a nice little crunch.
- Milk: Low-fat milk can be used in place of the whole milk. I like the added richness from the whole milk but feel free to use either.
- Mixer: If you don’t have a stand-up mixer just use an electric handheld. When a recipe calls for a longer mixing time like 4 minutes, I always lug out my stand up.
Fresh Strawberry Cake
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- Zest From 1 Fresh Lemon
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 16 Ounces Strawberries Hulled and Halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a 10-inch decorative pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl add flour, baking powder and salt then whisk to combine. Set-asides.
- Add butter, sugar and lemon zest to the bowl of a stand-up mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium for 4 minutes or until pale and fluffy and lemon zest is fragrant. Reduce speed to medium-low and add milk, eggs, and vanilla and mix until combined. Add flour mixture gradually and beat until batter is smooth. Pour batter in the prepared pie plate and smooth top with a small offset spatula. Place strawberries in a single layer, cut side down on top of batter. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar evenly over the top of the strawberries.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, and then reduce the oven temperature to 325. Continue to bake until the cake is nicely golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool the cake in the pie plate on a wire rack. Serve 🙂
More Strawberry Recipes!
Source: Martha Stewart