These Taco Stuffed Shells are filled with taco meat, cream cheese then topped with taco sauce and lotsa melted cheese! Kid approved!
Here’s a yummy pasta dinner that’s sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. It seems to me that just about everyone loves pasta shells, so, of course, I’m always on the lookout for new and delicious stuffed shells recipes. This one, in particular, made a huge hit at our dinner table! Imagine, if you will, combining pasta shells stuffed with ground beef for tacos and pasta with cream cheese topped with taco sauce and cheese. Crazy delicious right? Oh yes, absolutely right you would be!!!
Taco Stuffed Shells
- 1 heaping tablespoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 14-18 from one box large pasta shells
- 16 ounces salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- In a large pot add 4 quarts of water and 1 heaping tablespoon of salt and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan cook ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta shells according to directions; drain. Set shells out individually on cutting board/baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
- Pour salsa on bottom of 9×13 baking dish. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture. Place shells in 9×13 pan open side up. Cover shells with taco sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes, with the foil removed. Top with green onions. Serve with sour cream.
More Meals like This!
Grandma’s Chicken and Noodle Casserole– It is a super creamy, cheesy pan of deliciousness that is quick and easy to put together!
Beef and Noodles – Classic comfort food, warm, hearty, beefy, and absolutely scrumptious beef and noodles.
More Taco Recipes…
Taco Meat Recipe– With just the right amount of spice, my Taco Meat Recipe is ready in 20 minutes! No need to wait for Taco Tuesday! With this recipe, anytime is Taco Time!
Taco Soup– Full of beefy taco flavor, Taco Soup is bursting with meat and beans in a seasoned broth. Pile on your favorite toppings for taco perfection in every bite!
Source: The Way to His Heart