Easter is the beginning of Deviled egg season. What you’ve never heard of Deviled egg season?! Seriously? Well now you have (wink). As soon as the days get a bit longer, and we start getting more beautiful sunshine, it’s time to start hard boiling those eggs and filling them with a dollop of deliciousness! Here is a recipe for one of my all time favorite Deviled eggs. I have many I really love, but this one is unusual and very tasty. The shallots give the eggs a sweet, mild, oniony flavor and they also add a nice crunch. The sun-dried tomatoes add a sweetness and tanginess. The capers bring a nice mild briney-ness. The anchovies add a depth of flavor and a bit of salt. No one I’ve served these to has ever guessed the anchovy paste was in there. They really do NOT have any hint of a fish taste .
I hope you consider making this recipe foeningr d opay. Easter! Of course!!! If you don’t celebrate Easter, no worries! You can choose any day you like for your opening day.
West Coast Deviled Eggs
- 12 Eggs Large, Hard Boiled and Cooled
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Shallots Finely Minced
- 1/4 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil, Drained and Finely Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Capers Drained, Finely Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Anchovy Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Flat Leaf Parsley Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half. In a medium sized bowl, add yolks. Place whites on a plate.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to bowl and mix well with a fork.
- Add yolk mixture to a ziploc bag. Snip off corner and pipe mixture into egg whites. Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.