- 1/2 Pound - Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup - Sugar
- 1 - Egg Yolk, Large
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt - Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- 4 - Large Egg Whites
- 1 Cup - Sugar
- 3/4 Cup - Ground Walnuts
- 1 Teaspoon - Lemon Extract
- 1 Cup - Blackberry Jelly
- 1/4 Cup - Walnuts, Chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together thoroughly; add egg yolk and salt and combine. Add flour and combine. Pat mixture into a 9X13 inch pan.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually add 1 cup sugar. Continue to beat until you reach a meringue consistency. Gently fold in ground walnuts and lemon extract.
4. Spread jelly over dough mixture in pan.
5. Swirl meringue over jelly. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
6. Bake for about 40 minutes.