It’s finally warming up in Socal! Yay!!! So it’s out to the grill for me. Time to dust off my Weber. The first thing I decided to grill is my FAVORITE grilled flank steak. This recipe is from my friend Debbie S. She gave it to me forevah ago. Before I had kids. What-What!!! Serious, Yikes!!! I can’t even begin to believe I have a recipe that’s 24 years old, let alone that it’s still one of my all time favorite recipes. I love it because it’ssimple and just plain de-licious! Nothing fancy, just the kinda something your mom would have made for you. It needs to marinade overnight so plan ahead a little. It’s easy-peasy, home cookin delicious! If you’re not ready for BBQ because the weather isn’t cooperating, save this one for when summer just starts to call.
Grilled Flank Steak
- 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Garlic Powder
- Mix all ingredients together. Marinade steak overnight in the fridge.
- Remove steak from fridge and let sit out on counter 30 minutes while you prepare bbq grill.
- Grill over medium high for about 8 -12 minutes per side until steak is cooked to desired doneness. (Most other recipes I've read call for steak to be grilled a total of 9-12 minutes. This has always resulted in a totally super rare steak for me. I like my steak MR.)
- Allow steak to rest for about 10 minutes then slice on the bias and serve!