Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies! Seriously YUM. Well, let me up the ante…..How about a soft, chewy, crazy delicious cookie that you can whip up with 6 simple ingredients! Whats not to LOVE?
I made these for my family for Valentines Day. They were a resounding hit! They loved the soft texture and the wonderful strawberry and chocolate flavor. The color… so adorable!!! Don’t think that these are only for Valentines Day! They’re wonderful for Easter, spring treats, girls birthdays, summer time or anytime you want a simple, super easy, thoroughly delicious, cheery cookie!
One important thing to know before making these. Use a cake mix that doesn’t have pudding in the mix. I think Duncan Hines is the best. My mother in law taught me that 30 years ago and believe me she was an awesome cook and baker!
Btw-I think next time I make these I’m going to try white chocolate chips.
- 1 (18.25 Ounce) Box - Duncan Hines Strawberry Cake Mix
- 1 Teaspoon - Baking Soda
- 2 - Large Eggs
- 1/3 Cup - Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup - Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla by hand. Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to form a dough. Using a hand held electric mixer, mix just until combined and all of the pockets of dry cake mix are gone. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded balls of dough, about 2.5 Tablespoons each, onto prepared baking sheet. Don't flatten balls. Stick a few more chocolate chips on top of the cookie dough balls if you want them for looks, if desired. Make sure the balls of dough are taller than they are wide.
- Bake for 10 minutes – do not let the cookies get brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes; they will be very soft at first. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.