This is a killa cobbler. KILL-A! Sweet and Tart from the wonderful fresh blackberries then crowned with a coconut pecan cookie like topping. What-What?!?!!! Yes, you read me right. A coconut pecan topping. Altogether, deliciousness beyond belief….
I used two of the plastic containers from Costco that were 18 ounces each which measured out to be the perfect 8 cups. You can use frozen berries if you want just thaw then slightly.
How ’bout a BIG Pin
Source: Cuisine at Home
More Recipes to Try!
Strawberry Pie –Easy fresh Strawberry Pie loaded with thick, delicious, Jello glaze intensifying the yummy strawberry flavor!
Banana Cream Pie –Homemade rich, velvety custard, fresh sliced bananas, a crunchy cookie crust, topped off with a mountain of fluffy whipped cream!
Blackberry Cobbler with a Pecan Coconut Cookie Topping
- 8 Cups Fresh Blackberries
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Instant Tapioca
- 1/2 of 1 Lime Fresh Lime Juice
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sweetened Coconut
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Pecans Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Cold Unsalted Butter Cubed
- 1 Large Egg Slightly Beaten
- 1. Preheat oven 375 degree.
- 2. In a large bowl gently toss the berries, sugar, tapioca, lime juice, and salt. Spoon into a 2-qt baking dish. Set aside.
- 3. In a medium bowl add all topping ingredients except butter and egg. Mix until combined. Add butter. Using your fingertips, knead in butter (you're kinda pinching and smushing it) until the mixture looks like coarse sand and there are still a few visible chunks of butter.
- 4. Add egg to topping and stir until combined.
- 5. Arrange topping over filling by gently dropping even tablespoonfuls of the dough. It doesn't have to be a perfectly solid layer because as it cooks it will spread. (If you happen to have any holes in the topping it actually looks pretty with the berries peeking out.)
- 6. Bake the cobbler in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until the filling is thick and bubbly and the topping starts to brown. Cool on a rack for at least one hour before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.