Baked Almond and Rosemary Chicken makes for a wonderful family dinner or elegant enough for company. A quick, gluten free, moist dish with layered flavors.
There’s nothing I love more than family dinners. Everyone gathered around the table, sharing bits and pieces of their day, breaking bread, and in the case of my family, a most generous amount of “good-natured” teasing! Yes, that’s the kind of family we are………….never too serious, eager to laugh, even if it’s at ourselves. Last week, as my fam gathered around the dinner table, I served a new chicken recipe I had just prepared. It was one I had been excited to try for a long time. It was fairly easy to make and looked like it had come out perfectly. Meanwhile, my daughter wanted to prepare another chicken recipe she had made before and loved. At our family dinners, we often prepare A LOT of food because we love to try new recipes! Anyway, both my daughter and I had prepared different chicken dishes for the fam to try. Well, mine was an absolute FLOP! It was virtually tasteless………but my daughters chicken!!!! OMG was it delicious. It was beautifully cooked and had wonderful layers of flavors that blended together beautifully! You can imagine the teasing……………..
This is the yummy chicken dish my daughter prepared that night. It’s absolutely packed with flavor. It’s easy and quick enough to whip up for a weeknight dinner for the family yet elegant and delicious enough to make for company. It has the added benefit of being gluten-free as well! The Greek Yogurt allows the coating to stick to the chicken and also helps keep the chicken nice and moist as it bakes. Just make sure you don’t over-bake the chicken or it will dry out.
I hope you give this delicious chicken recipe a try. I’m always so happy when I find a new chicken recipe that is easy enough to make for a weeknight meal! Let me know if you give it a try!
Baked Almond and Rosemary Chicken
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breast Halves
- 12 Ounces Sliced Almonds
- Zest of 2 Fresh Lemon
- 2 Large Sprigs Rosemary Stems Removed
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 4oo.
- In the bowl of a food processor add almonds, rosemary, minced garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Pulse until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Evenly coat chicken pieces with yogurt.
- Pour almond mixture into a shallow bowl. Dredge yogurt coated pieces in almond mixture. Lay chicken on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 18-25 minutes or until cooked through and no pink remains.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Chicken Recipes-
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken – One of the most delicious, quick and easy chicken recipes EVER!
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Recipe -This bubbling beauty is everything you want in a creamy, cheesy casserole and a dazzling dinner dish!
- Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken -zesty chicken is tender, moist and juicy and loaded with yummy fresh flavors!
Source: Gonna Want Seconds