You all know I love quick and easy chicken recipes, and this honey balsamic sheet pan chicken recipe is one of my favorites! The easy clean up of sheet pan chicken recipes is one of their best features. The balsamic glaze in this Mediterranean chicken recipe is truly the star of the show.
Like many Italian chicken recipes, this recipe uses a long soak in the marinade to make the chicken super tender and juicy!
The from-scratch marinade is just as easy as using a salad dressing like in Italian dressing chicken, and with homey flavors of Italian Chicken, this recipe is so easy to make, which makes it perfect for a mid-week meal. That said, anything that simplifies dinner makes life easier. One of my favorite easy dinner recipes is my version of honey garlic chicken.
Let’s head to the kitchen and get started!
There are so many great things about this recipe! Here’s the top of my list!
- The sweet, tangy sauce
- Easy cleanup
- Veggies and meat all in one dish
- Juicy, tender meat
How To Make Honey Balsamic Chicken Recipe
Begin by combining the marinade ingredients and putting them in a resealable bag. Add the chicken. Marinade for 6 hours minimum or overnight.
To cook: prep the veggies and arrange them on a foil-lined sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and put it in the middle of the pan.
Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the chicken and put the pan in the oven. Pour the marinade into a saucepan and vigorously boil. Boil until the sauce thickens.
When cooking is complete, remove the pan from the oven and drizzle the sauce over the chicken. Dress with parsley and serve.
Food Safety – The most important thing to know when cooking balsamic chicken is how to safely use the marinade for sauce. Since the chicken sat in the marinade, it’s imperative that it be boiled thoroughly to kill off any potentially harmful bacteria left behind from the poultry.
Food handling guidelines say that this is a safe method of preparation as long as the sauce is boiled.
Chicken Tender: A great option for serving a large group of youngins! Besides, morphing this recipe into a honey balsamic chicken tenders sheet pan meal is the perfect excuse to lick that tangy glaze off your fingers. Who needs a fork, rotate manually, and enjoy.
Vegetables- You can customize the veggies to your favorites or whatever you have on hand. Potatoes, cauliflower, and asparagus are all great options.
Be sure to keep the chicken in the fridge while it sits in the marinade. To maintain moisture, store in a well-sealed container. Allow it to cool a bit before putting it in the storage container.
Can You Freeze This?
This chicken freezes beautifully. Allow it to cool before putting it in a resealable bag or freezer container. To reheat, you can thaw in the fridge overnight and warm it in the oven or microwave when you’re ready for it.
Make Ahead Tips
With the marinade, you can make this up to a day in advance. You can also cut up the veggies at the same time and put them in a resealable bag.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Food handling guidelines state that cooked chicken can be kept for 3-4 days in the fridge. It holds for up to 4-6 months in the freezer.
Here are some great ideas for variations on this tasty recipe!
- Chicken and potatoes go great together. Add small chunks of potatoes to this recipe, so they will cook in roughly the same time as the chicken.
- My easy balsamic chicken breast recipe is so quick to make. I also love juicy balsamic chicken thighs and balsamic glazed chicken. The sauce is the boss in these recipes, and the chicken is oh-so-tender!
Honey Balsamic Chicken
For The Chicken:
For The Veggies:
- 16 ounces broccoli florets cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon, garlic, Italian seasoning, and black pepper until smooth and well combined.
- Add chicken breasts to a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag. Pour balsamic mixture into the bag, over chicken. Seal the bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Place bag on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the fridge 6 hours minimum or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Add the broccoli, red onion, and carrots to the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Use your hands to toss the vegetables in the oil and coat evenly.
- Arrange the vegetables in a single layer around the edges of the prepared baking sheet. Remove the chicken breast from the marinade (Reserve marinade! Don't throw it out) and nestle the chicken breasts in vegetables in a single layer, and drizzle a little olive oil on top of each breast.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and cook until the chicken is cooked through, and a digital thermometer registers 165 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breast, about 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while the chicken is cooking, pour marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a full boil. Adjust heat to maintain a boil (lighter boil) and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture becomes thick and coats the back of a spoon, about 20 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from oven and drizzle with glaze. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
You’re going to be hooked on the simplicity of Sheet Pan chicken recipes! Here some more of my favorites!
- Peanut Butter Chicken – sweet, nutty sauce over tender chicken
- Brown Sugar Chicken – Perfectly sweet and sassy sauce
- Chicken Kiev- Buttery garlic sauce in a breaded chicken breast
- Honey Mustard Chicken – a little tangy; a little sweet; a lot delish!
- Chicken And Asparagus – Delicious meat and veggie combo
- Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Pizza – crispy pizza crust, lotsa cheese, and tender chicken
You’ll love the tangy, sweet sauce of this honey balsamic chicken recipe. Bonus points for the fact that the veggies and main dish are done all on one pan- genius!
Be sure to comment below and let me know how it works for you!