The only thing better than a crispy potato? A crispy potato with parmesan cheese! These parmesan potatoes are easy, elegant, and make just about any meal more delicious. Faster than mashed and fancier than fries—these are the perfect potato side.
Pass the Parm!
Parmesan Potatoes that is. Crisp and tender and with a flavor boost from the parmesan, these potatoes are on point. Perfect with your favorite steak or roast chicken, these also make a great alternative to classic hash browns.
The parmesan adds another layer of yummy salty goodness, and also adds an extra layer of crispiness. These taste amazing—with very little effort. A few minutes of prep, and the oven does the rest. Creamy, crispy, parmesan baked potatoes.
For more pleasing potatoes that pair well with anything—check out these recipes:
- Melting Potatoes – these went viral when I posted them!
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – my new favorite
- Twice Baked Potatoes – swoon-worthy!
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes – these are a delicious lifesaver.
Turns out that all you need to dress up your dinner is to pass the potatoes! Let’s make these potatoes!
- Golden Potatoes
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
Storing + Freezing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? Place the parmesan crusted potatoes leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Can You Freeze This? When stored in an airtight container these potatoes will last in the freezer for 10 to 12 months.
- Make-Ahead Tips: You can always prepare the ingredients ahead and assemble them later.
- Food Safety: Here’s an article on food safety.
How to Make Parmesan Potatoes
- Pour melted butter into the baking pan.
- Stir together Parmesan, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and paprika.
- Sprinkle Parmesan mixture over the melted butter.
- Arrange the potatoes, cut side down, over the cheese.
- Bake and serve.
See full instructions below
More Potato Side Dish Recipes
- Ina Garten Potato Salad
- Scalloped Potatoes And Ham
- Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes
- Campfire Potatoes
- Crack Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds petite golden potatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Pour the butter (1/4 cup) into the 9X13 inch baking pan. Tilt pan to spread butter over the entire bottom.
- In a small bowl, stir together Parmesan (3/4 cup), garlic powder (1/2 teaspoon), Italian seasoning (1 teaspoon), black pepper (1/2 teaspoon), and paprika (1/2 teaspoon) until evenly combined.
- Sprinkle Parmesan mixture, as evenly as possible, and evenly butter. (Don't try spreading it though).
- Arrange potatoes (1 1/2 pounds), cut side down, in the pan over cheese. Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are soft and cheese is golden about 35-45 minutes. Let rest before serving.
- To serve, use a spatula to cut through the cheese crust, then flip over onto a serving platter, cheese side up.
Fans Also Made:
On your phone? Check the web story here.