S’more Bars- All The Taste-No Campfire from your kitchen!!! These convenient gems bring you all those wonderful flavors with a few delectable twists.
S’mores are one of those iconic foods that make me feel like I’m ten years old, it’s summer and everything is right with the world. We used to have these every time we’d spend the day at the beach and finish the evening off with a bonfire. Corona del Mar. Southern California. My Dad, Mom, and my sisters. Some of our neighbors. The perfect sunny Socal beach weather. The glow of the warm fire as the sunset. I think what I loved most about these times, honestly, was the pure joy I saw in my Mama’s face as we sat around the fire and she soaked up the last of our perfect day.
So yeah, S’mores have some fairly significant associations for me! I mean, how many foods can pull all those heartstrings for heaven’s sake!!! I still love to make them around a fire pit. Nothing better! But, to extend those memories and enjoy them as the weather cools and we’re indoors more, I turn to make this incredible S’mores Bars!
Can’t get enough Sweets!
Fluffernutter Rice Krispie Treats – These bars are sweet, rich, crunchy, and delicious!!
Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe – This candy is infused with chocolate flavor done in only a few minutes!
Cosmic Brownies – Amazing homemade, rich, fudgy topped with a wonderfully thick, chocolate ganache frosting.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 (7-ounces) jars marshmallow creme
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Set aside 1/2 mixture for topping.
- Line a 9X13 baking pan with aluminum foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. Grease well. Press remaining mixture into pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over crust; spread with marshmallow creme. It will relax and be easier to spread after it sits a minute or so. I also sometimes coat my hands with a little butter and spread it out. Gently drop tablespoons of remaining graham cracker mixture over top allowing some of the marshmallow creme to peak through.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.