My scrumptious s’more bars recipe gives you all the taste of this summertime favorite without a campfire in your kitchen!
If there’s one flavor I cannot resist, it’s smores. Gooey marshmallow, melted chocolate, and crunchy graham cracker cookies — are there any cookie bars that can stand up to this much YUM? There are now!
This s’more bars recipe takes everything you love about chocolate cookies and piles on the goodness. Let’s bake!
S’mores are one of those nostalgia foods. One bite and you’re a kid again, sitting around a campfire, covered in marshmallow goo, utterly happy!
- Nostalgic American dessert!
- All the flavor, no campfire needed
- Summertime crowd pleaser
How To Make S’more Bars Recipe
This s’more bars recipe is great for beginner bakers — it’s so easy!
Preheat your oven to 350. Start by creaming your butter and sugar then add your egg and vanilla. Separately, combine your flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt, then fold it into your cream mixture.
Get ready for s’mores cookies unlike any other! Here are my best tips and tricks to get the best bars you can.
Tips For Making The Perfect S’more Bars
There are a few steps you’ll need to take to insure your bars come out campfire-rific!
Goo: The marshmallow cream will be much easier to spread after it sits at room temperature. Or you can even microwave it!
Stick: With all that marshmallow goodness, your s’more bars will definitely stick if you’re not careful! That’s why we double up on pan prep — foil and oil. Don’t skip either!
With such iconic ingredients as marshmallow, chocolate, and graham crackers, you definitely don’t want to hurt your chances at flavor KA-POW!
Marshmallows: Don’t have marshmallow creme, or just want to change things up? You can use regular marshmallows! Just be sure to melt them down so you get the same kind of creamy goodness you’d get from marshmallow fluff.
Chocolate – I use milk chocolate chips for this since it’s the iconic smores ingredient, but you can absolutely shake things up with dark chocolate or even white chocolate!
Graham Crackers – If you want to make this gluten-free, simply swap your regular graham crackers and flour for gluten-free versions, like these delicious gluten-free graham crackers!
These s’more bars have a great shelf life! Here’s how I store them:
Can You Freeze Them?
Yes! Once baked, you can either store them fully or sliced into portions. Either way, wrap well and store in the freezer for up to 4 months.
When you’re ready to eat, let your bars sit in the fridge until they thaw. Or just eat them straight from the freezer!
Make Ahead Tips
These bars come together very quickly with little room for make-ahead buffers, so, unfortunately, there isn’t much prep you can do. But! You can definitely full bake these ahead of time because they have such a long life, and you can store them at room temperature for up to 3-4 days.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
These bars taste delicious chilled! I love storing them in the fridge so the chocolate solidifies. You’ll get a week out of your bars this way!
Want to turn up the flavors and fun? Let’s shake things up!
Can I Use Oreo Instead Of Graham Crackers?
Oreos are a great swap for the graham crackers! I love repurposing Oreos into fun desserts like Oreo balls, Oreo turkeys (great for Thanksgiving!), and the kid favorite reindeer Oreos.
Can I Make These With Peanut Butter?
Yum! Peanut butter is a great way to pack in flavor and protein. My peanut butter bars recipe is out of this world good, just like peanut butter rice krispie treats and homemade payday bars!
Can I Add Some Fruits?
Can I Add Nuts?
What Other Types Of Smores Cookies Can I Make?
Bring on ALL the smores goodness! Golden Graham smores uses the delicious cereal in a new, fun way; and oven smores bakes your favorite flavors right in your oven.
Want even more cookie bar fun? Here are some of my must-haves!
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Microwave Fudge
- Cranberry Bars
- Avalanche Bars
- Fluffernutter Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 (7-ounces) jars marshmallow creme
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Set aside 1/2 mixture for topping.
- Line a 9X13 baking pan with aluminum foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. Grease well. Press remaining mixture into pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over crust; spread with marshmallow creme. It will relax and be easier to spread after it sits a minute or so. I also sometimes coat my hands with a little butter and spread it out. Gently drop tablespoons of remaining graham cracker mixture over top allowing some of the marshmallow creme to peak through.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe