I have a little confession to make. I LOVE this little rolled sandwiches. I know! I know! They are soooo fifteen minutes ago. What can I say. The are totally not chic these days but I don’t care. I know you can buy them premade just about everywhere, even Costco. But make no mistake my friends. Those premade versions really don’t measure up to these in the YUM category. Give them a try next time your having friends over to watch football or are going on a family picnic. They’re easy to transport and one bite I think you’ll be just as hooked as I am!\
- 1 - Lavash
- 8 Ounces - Cream Cheese, at Room Temperature
- 3 Teaspoons - Prepared Horseradish Sauce
- 1 - Garlic Clove, Minced
- To Taste - Tabasco Sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon - Black Pepper
- 2 Cups - Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves, Washed and Dried Well
- 1/2- 3/4 Cup - Red Onion, Very Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Pound or More to Taste - Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Sliced
- 1 Pound - Roast Beef, Very Thinly Sliced
- Wet two clean kitchen towels and ring them out well. Place lavash between the two towels. Let sit for about 1/2 hour. This moistens the lavash and makes it pliable and ready to stuff and roll.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, horseradish, garlic, hot sauce and black pepper.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the whole moistened lavash. Layer spinach, red onion, cheddar and roast beef leaving 3 inches without filling. Roll tightly. Wrap up the rolled sandwich in one of the moist kitchen towel. Refrigerate for a few hours then slice and serve.