This BBQ Chicken Quesadilla has so much flavor, you won’t believe how easy it is to make. Tangy barbecue chicken, melty cheese (and more!) gets nestled between two tortillas and griddled to perfection. You’re gonna love it.
Say Cheese! I love this combination because it tastes like an afternoon spent outside at the grill—but I can get it on the table so much faster. Plus, there’s no grill cleanup required. I also secretly love anything that you are allowed to eat with your hands.
Quick And Easy BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
This makes a perfect lunch, light supper, after-school snack, or game-changing appetizer. So basically, it’s delicious anytime the craving strikes! The trick is to get the ratio of toppings just right so that it doesn’t squeeze out of the edges. After that, it’s endlessly customizable to your favorite combination of barbecue flavors…or even the leftovers in your fridge.
You get the crispy edges of the tortilla, ooey-gooey cheese, and tender chicken in every bite. The ingredients combine so well that one bite will never be enough. Next time you need a satisfying snack or a new nosh for watching the game, make these quesadillas.
For another fun twist on the barbecue, don’t miss this sheet pan BBQ chicken pizza!
It’s my new favorite way to Say Cheese!
On your phone? Check the web story here.
- Shredded Chicken
- BBQ Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese
Storing + Freezing + Reheating
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? Allow cooling completely. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Can You Freeze This? Place individually in resealable plastic bags. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- Reheat: Allow to defrost completely before heating up. Reheat in the oven, air fryer, or skillet.
- Chicken: Leftover, rotisserie chicken, or canned chicken also works great in this recipe!
- Personalize your Quesadilla. Try some of these:
- Yellow bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Red beans
- Sweet corn
- Change Up The Cheese. Try these: Oaxaca, Asadero, and Chihuahua cheese will give these quesadillas an authentic Mexican flavor. White cheddar, orange cheddar, goat cheese, or mozzarella are also good choices.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
- Mix shredded chicken and BBQ sauce.
- Heat one side of the tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on half the side of the tortilla.
- Add bbq chicken on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the chicken.
- Fold the tortilla. Flip and warm the other side of the tortilla.
- Repeat the same with all other tortillas. Serve.
See complete instructions below.
More Less Than 5-Ingredient Dinner Recipes
If you make these easy quesadillas, I’d love it if you snapped a photo and tagged me on Instagram, @gonna_want_seconds, or please share this recipe on Pinterest, Facebook, or Yummly! I really appreciate your support, my friends!
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 cups chicken shredded
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- 6 tortillas 8 inch
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- In a large medium bowl, mix chicken (2 cups) and bbq sauce (1½ cups).
- Heat one side of the tortilla in a clean skillet on low-medium heat.
- Sprinkle cheese on half side of the tortilla then add bbq chicken. Sprinkle cheese again on the chicken. Fold the tortilla, flip and warm the other side until some brown spots form. Repeat the same with all other tortillas.
- Serve immediately.