These unique Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas are filled with a cheesy, honey lime chicken filling! Use a rotisserie chicken for an easy weeknight dinner!
Are you looking for something completely delicious to add into your dinner rotation? Well, let me introduce you to my new Fav!!! Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas. I know! The name alone sends visions of deliciousness running through your mind, doesn’t it?
This recipe uses an already roasted rotisserie chicken from the market or, in my case, from Costco so cooking time is cut down a little. Yay. Also since the rotisserie chickens from Costco are gianormous, I used all the dark meat and roughly 1 1/4 of the breasts. I thought it was a great ratio of chicken to cheese.
I mixed the chicken and the honey lime mixture late in the morning and popped it in a one-gallon resealable bag in the fridge until it was time to get dinner ready. I think the extra marinating time definitely added a little extra yum factor.
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 Fully Cooked Rotisserie Chicken Shredded
- 6 Tablespoons Honey
- 5 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Chili Powder
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Pound Monterey Jack Cheese Shredded, Divided
- 1 (16 ounces) Can Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Optional Fresh Cilantro
- Optional Sliced Green Onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic; toss with the shredded chicken. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, combine the enchilada sauce and the cream. Pour 1/2 cup of the sauce on the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Fill the flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese and roll, reserving 1 cup of cheese for topping. Place the enchiladas seam side down into the prepared pan. Pour the remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro or green onions just before serving.
More Enchilada Recipes
Chicken Enchiladas– Shredded Chicken loaded with lots of chicken, gooey cheese, sour cream, and mild green chilies!
White Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce – Amazing White Chicken Enchiladas with Homemade Sour Cream White Sauce–No Soup. It is easy to make and off the charts delicious!