This is a wonderful recipe given to me by my Mother in Law. She was an amazing cook and baker. She absolutely loved food! I guess you could say she was a foodie before it became an “in” thing! She lived to cook. Imagine, before Food Network, Allrecipes and Food News.
Was there ever really a time like that?
I love this cake. It starts with a cake mix so it’s quick to put together. It’s moist, tender and fabulously delish.
It get’s it’s name from the retro cocktail the Harvey Wallbanger. The cocktail is made with a mix of vodka, orange juice and a liqueur called Galliano.
The cake is topped with a fabulous glaze flavored with orange zest and coconut that finishes it off perfectly!
- 1 Box (18.5 Ounces) Butter Flavor Cake Mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 Box (3.5 Ounces) Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Galliano
- 3/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 3/4 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Orange Zest
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, Galliano and orange juice. With an electric mixer, beat mixture for 4 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheat oven for 40-45 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile make the glaze; in a small bowl mix all glaze ingredients until smooth. When cake is cooled, invert it onto a serving plate and drizzle with glaze.