I think scalloped potatoes are one of the best foods in the whole wide world!
Since I was a kid, whenever my Mama served them, they would always be the first thing I’d devour from my plate.
I clearly didn’t subscribe to the “Save the Best for Last” philosophy!
No, I abide more by the “Eat Dessert First” school of thought! LOL 😉
Since scalloped potatoes are such a well-loved dish in my house, I of course have more that one recipe that I enjoy making.
This is one is one of my all time favorite, go to, versions.
I make it for often for Sunday dinners, potlucks, barbecues, brunches and everything in between.
I was given this recipe from my darling friend from Northern California, Deb.
If you read my blog regularly, I’m sure you’ll remember her.
Anytime I share one of her recipes, you can count on it being crazy delicious!!!
These scalloped potatoes are, of course, really, really yummy, but they also have the added bonus of being super easy.
You don’t even have to wash and slice the potatoes because you use frozen already cubed.
Sometimes, I think that extra help is an absolute life saver.
I generally serve these when I seem to be making lots of other dishes so I truly appreciate that they’re quick and easy to put together.
The recipe couldn’t be easier to make.
One thing that is important to know and plan for, is that the recipe calls for the potatoes to be thawed.
I find that it works best if they are thawed in the refrigerator overnight.
Next time you need an easy to prepare a delicious potato dish I hope you give this recipe a try!
More Sides Like This!
Scalloped Corn – Golden corn cradled in a rich homemade custard with just the right amount of smokey bacon topped with a crunchy bread crumb topping!
Sauteed Asparagus – Perfectly tender and flavored asparagus!
Roasted Garlic Asparagus with Feta – Tender asparagus infused with garlic and perfectly coated with feta!
Source: My friend Deb
Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- 1-2 Pound Bag Frozen Hash Browns Southern Style, Thawed
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Onion Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Can Cream of Celery Soup
- 1 Cups Corn Flakes Crushed
- 1/4 Cup Butter Melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2.In a large bowl combine the first 8 ingredients. Pour mixture into a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- 3. In a small bowl combine topping ingredients. Spread topping mixture evenly over potatoes.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 1/4--1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are heated through and edges are bubbly. Serve 🙂